Exact audio settings Nvidia Shield/Kodi/TV (to Active speakers)?
Hello, could someone help me understand what are the exact sound settings?
I have a chain made up of Nvidia Shield (NOT PRO) connected via HDMI to the TV, and from the TV in SPIDIFF to 2 Argon Audio active speakers (which do not have Dolby or DTS audio decoders on board).

How should I set up audio on Shield, Kodi and TV?

Thank you
(2023-01-04, 15:49)mamachan Wrote: Hello, could someone help me understand what are the exact sound settings?
I have a chain made up of Nvidia Shield (NOT PRO) connected via HDMI to the TV, and from the TV in SPIDIFF to 2 Argon Audio active speakers (which do not have Dolby or DTS audio decoders on board).

How should I set up audio on Shield, Kodi and TV?

Thank you

If your Argon Audio speakers do not accept Dolby Digital/AC-3 or DTS via SPDIF then your TV should be configured to output PCM (PCM Stereo it is sometimes called) at all times. Your Shield should be configured for PCM Stereo output only (that will be in the Shield AV settings - though it might not be called precisely that) and Kodi should be set with Channels 2.0 and no passthrough enabled.

SPDIF carries DD/DTS/PCM Stereo aka PCM 2.0 - but if your speakers don't accept DD/DTS you need to ensure all sources - Kodi, Shield TV (when running apps outside of Kodi) and your TV (both when using any internal tuners or the Shield) are all configured to output PCM 2.0 only.
Many thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exact audio settings Nvidia Shield/Kodi/TV (to Active speakers)?0