Solved Uninstall auto-installed dependency addons when addon requiring them is uninstalled.
Can Kodi kindly track addons that were auto installed as a dependency when the addon needing them has been uninstalled.

Should be as easy as setting a flag on an addon, userinstalled=1 or userinstalled=0

Then when uninstalling an addon it can check it's dependencies, check what other packages on the system needs them and if no other packages needs them ask the user to uninstall auto-installed addon dependencies.

I'm sure this is easier said than done but it would be nice now that addons are requiring more and more dependencies.
I may be remembering wrong, but I think the addon-browser already lists any orphaned dependencies that may be on your system when such exist.
That allowed them to be manually removed, so automating that could be a possible next step perhaps.

Whether it's such a good idea or not is perhaps open to question (depending on how reliable the flagging is, and also of course remembering that multiple addons may require the same dependency, so just because a given addon installed it doesn't necessarily mean that it can be removed later if that addon is removed).

As to how technically possible it may be I can't comment, as I'm not a coder. But at least some of the framework I think may already be in place.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Maybe "auto" uninstall would be too far for Kodi.

As Kodi shows a dialog during install showing the required dependencies maybe the best option would be a dialog after uninstall showing no longer required dependencies.

Within that dialog could be a yes/no option for "Remove no longer required dependencies?"

Yes, actually writing the code is far harder than just writing a post on a forum about it.
Newest Kodi offers the option to remove all orphaned addons. Close enough for me.
(2023-01-11, 09:00)nymdbwdp Wrote: Kodi offers the option to remove all orphaned addons
See "Manage Dependencies"... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Add-ons
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Uninstall auto-installed dependency addons when addon requiring them is uninstalled.0