SmartPlaylists with Music Videos
All my music albums (stored as flac files) have been convert to "home made" videos using a integration program I wrote that uses a combo of mediainfo, sox, ffmpeg and lpex.

I have set the media type to music video in Kodi and have also made some changes to the skin to match how I want it to look and function.

Its all working great but I would like to add some smartplaylists that drill down in various ways.

The issue I see is smartplaylists are driven off the metadata in the sqllite database which due to my "home made" music videos contain nothing (i.e. no genre, artist etc).

I have buggered around with this for a while so is there some hack I can do to update the required sqllite database tables so that the smartplaylists fields related to music videos (see below) are populated?

Thanks,

Bluck

Music Videos

Title
Genre
Album
Year
Artist
Filename
Path
Playcount
LastPlayed
Rating
UserRating
Time
Director
Studio
Plot
Tag
DateAdded
VideoResolution
AudioChannels
AudioCount
SubtitleCount
VideoCodec
AudioCodec
AudioLanguage
SubtitleLanguage
VideoAspectRatio
I note that the smartplaylist can use a tag... so potentially updating the  tag_link and  tag tables with generated values could work... just need some guidance on this or any other related hack

Thanks
Not sure about hacking through Kodi to make your stuff more manageable but since you're already using ffmpeg why not add the metadata so things parse the way you'd like?

https://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php/FFmpeg_Metadata

It's really quite versatile.
(2023-01-07, 00:13)Bluck Mutter Wrote: convert to "home made" videos
What file format?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
the video files are .mov (H264 + alac 24bit/48k).

I have just discovered nfo's and got a prototype working via the "plot" field.... issue is I lose some stuff like artist picture.

I assume that I just need to add in addition metadata in the nfo file... so will work on that and post any updates as I have success.

Thanks
(2023-01-07, 02:14)Bluck Mutter Wrote: I have just discovered nfo's
Yep, that was going to be my next suggestion, as I don't think Kodi reads tags from .mov files.
We have Templates here... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Templates
And the linked pages can explain how to use them, but they are pretty simple... just add the data between the appropriate tags
As for the audio/video stream details. Kodi will read that from the file, so don't waste your time trying to add that to the nfo files.

For artwork, if the artwork is saved in the correct location and named correctly, Kodi will scan it. Nothing needs to be added to the nfo files.
See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_Video_artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SmartPlaylists with Music Videos0