Samsung Q80T QLED vs LG CX OLED: Which is the better choice for sports, movies, and g
Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a new TV and I'm having a hard time deciding between two models. The first is a Samsung Q80T with a QLED display and the second is an LG CX OLED. Both have great reviews, but I'm not sure which one would be the better option for me. I watch a lot of sports and movies, and I want a TV with good picture quality and low input lag for gaming. Which one do you think would be the better choice for me based on my needs? Thanks in advance for any advice!
(2023-01-09, 10:31)Deborah Lane Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a new TV and I'm having a hard time deciding between two models. The first is a Samsung Q80T with a QLED display and the second is an LG CX OLED. Both have great reviews, but I'm not sure which one would be the better option for me. I watch a lot of sports and movies, and I want a TV with good picture quality and low input lag for gaming. Which one do you think would be the better choice for me based on my needs? Thanks in advance for any advice!

This probably isn't the right forum for this - but Samsung QLED displays are LCD panels with LED backlights and some Quantum dot stuff to improve their colourimetry.  LG OLEDs are real OLEDs.

The difference between LED backlit LCDs and OLEDs is that OLED pixels each generate their own light and when they are displaying black they don't (this gives them very good black levels), whilst  LCD pixels are blocking light from a backlight that shines through them.  However much LCD pixels try to block the light - if other pixels near them are lit then the backlight behind has to be on in that region and they will not be totally black.  This means that OLEDs still usually look better in many situations.  Conversely OLEDs have some limitations over how bright the entire screen can get whereas LCDs with LED backlights have fewer issues in that regard. OLEDs can also burn in - so if you watch content that has static station logos in the same place - this might influence you.

Personally I'd go with the LG OLED - everything else being equal - but if you have specific requirements for input compatibility (4K/120Hz and variable refresh rate for gaming etc.) then I'd check those specs carefully too.
have to say if i was after a new tv it would be A QNED https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G5cWHyiOHg
QNED is just a new way producing dimmable zones of backlight for an LCD based display.  While looks really good, it still doesn't match what even a low cost OLED can do.  Even LG, the inventor of the QNED technology acknowledges that OLED is still the pinnacle of technology and that their new baby, QNED, is just another alternative for buyers

https://www.lgnewsroom.com/2020/12/lg-to...-ces-2021/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung Q80T QLED vs LG CX OLED: Which is the better choice for sports, movies, and g0