Sort by Name
The system:
KODI 19.4 and older
Aeon Nox:Silvo 8.0.1

Problem:
Category "Music -> Title"
No matter which of the 3 options "order by" you chosse (track, title, name), the result seems to be (nearly) the same: order by track.
order by track is (99%) senseless inside the title view, because most of the files are track 01 :-)

Expectation:
if i choose "oder by name" the list should be ordered and displayed by filename (db "MyMusic82", table "song", field "strFileName") without file extension
if i choose "order by title" the list should be ordered and displayed by title (db "MyMusic82", table "song", field "strTitle")
if i choose "order by track" the list should be ordered and displayed by track (db "MyMusic82", table "song", field "iTrack")

Example:
Artist: ABBA
Album: Gold Greatest Hits
Track: 01
Title: Dancing Queen
Filename: 01 - ABBA- Dancing Queen.mp3

Order by Track: 01. Dancing Queen (or maybe "01. ABBA - Greatest Hits - Dancing Queen")
Order by Name: 01 - ABBA- Dancing Queen (depends on your grabber, used example from above)
Order by Title: Dancing Queen (or maybe "Dancing Qeen - ABBA - Gold Greatest Hits - Track 01")

The ordering works well and as expected with skin "Estuary"

Any idea what i have to do, to get this solved?
(2023-01-06, 20:44)Starscream Wrote: The system:
KODI 19.4 and older
Aeon Nox:Silvo 8.0.1

Problem:
Category "Music -> Title"
No matter which of the 3 options "order by" you chosse (track, title, name), the result seems to be (nearly) the same: order by track.
order by track is (99%) senseless inside the title view, because most of the files are track 01 :-)

Expectation:
if i choose "oder by name" the list should be ordered and displayed by filename (db "MyMusic82", table "song", field "strFileName") without file extension
if i choose "order by title" the list should be ordered and displayed by title (db "MyMusic82", table "song", field "strTitle")
if i choose "order by track" the list should be ordered and displayed by track (db "MyMusic82", table "song", field "iTrack")

Example:
Artist: ABBA
Album: Gold Greatest Hits
Track: 01
Title: Dancing Queen
Filename: 01 - ABBA- Dancing Queen.mp3

Order by Track: 01. Dancing Queen (or maybe "01. ABBA - Greatest Hits - Dancing Queen")
Order by Name: 01 - ABBA- Dancing Queen (depends on your grabber, used example from above)
Order by Title: Dancing Queen (or maybe "Dancing Qeen - ABBA - Gold Greatest Hits - Track 01")

The ordering works well and as expected with skin "Estuary"

Any idea what i have to do, to get this solved?

Notice the file name "01 - ABBA- Dancing Queen.mp3" Should it not be "01 - ABBA - Dancing Queen.mp3" ? Notice the additional space between ABBA and the dash? All my MP3s Use "Track - Artist - SongTitle.MP3"

Could that be the problem?
It shouldn't really matter. Tagging is what is important I believe.
Unfortunately not.

I took a deep look inside the database tables and all tags are set perfect:
strArtistDisp: ABBA
strTitle: Dancing Queen
iTrack: 1
strFileName: 01 - ABBA - Dancing Queen.mp3
(2023-01-06, 20:44)Starscream Wrote: No matter which of the 3 options "order by" you chosse (track, title, name), the result seems to be (nearly) the same: order by track.
This wouldn't be a skin problem as the skin does not control the database output.
TBH, I don't know what "Name" is. Name of what? - song, album, artist? There are are already options for sorting by those.
When I select "Name" in Estuary, nothing seems to happen to the listing.
Best to query this in the Music sub-forum, so I will split you off and move you there.

@flhthemi @himey
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm sort of lost with this.  There is no "Music -> Title" afaik.  There is "Music -> Artist", "Music -> Album", and "Music -> Songs" but no title, so I'm unsure where that is coming from.  Clearly, sorting on something depends on starting from the right place, so maybe a screen shot might help reveal something.

Or, maybe it's a skin thing, in which case it's not related to core at all.  Again, a screenshot might help decide here.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2023-01-11, 23:10)black_eagle Wrote: I'm sort of lost with this. 
Here, from inside the Song node...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I think this is actually by desgin with Aeon Nox:Silvo

For Kodi to control the labels then $INFO[ListItem.Label] and $INFO[ListItem.Label2] needs to be used within the skin as Estuary does at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...t.xml#L218 and https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...es.xml#L86

Aeon Nox:Silvo doesn't use these at all in it's music list see https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox....xml#L1279

So IMHO this is a skin issue backed up by OP saying "The ordering works well and as expected with skin "Estuary". However I only had time to take a very quick look at this so can't be 100%.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort by Name0