Copy files
Hi,

I have a problem...

In a Windows computer, I have modified two files, Includes.xml and Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml.
The sources files i used are in Kodi for Windows. Now I have to place it in an AndroidTV.

I have linked the TV with FTP, but...
1) I'm not sure where to copy it.
2) Many folders and files are invisible.
So I haven't found the original folder in the TV as destination.

Could you help me please?
Thanks.
(2023-01-13, 17:31)Ditacim Wrote: 1) I'm not sure where to copy it.
Try Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi.
Oh wait, you are editing the system skin now?

(2023-01-13, 17:31)Ditacim Wrote: Many folders and files are invisible.
It's a feature of the Linux system. Folders/files starting with a dot are set to 'invisible'. A decent File Manager will be able to handle that.

BTW, if you are looking into modifying the system default Estuary skin, it's better to create a copy and give it its own name and place it in the add-ons folder, so that the original skin is kept in tact (and working).
You could use the Kodi File Manager instead see https://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager

If you have a smb share in Windows computer add the files there then add that location as a source in the File Manager, or alternatively copy onto USB stick and plug that into TV then add the USB as a source.

As you haven't said otherwise I'll guess these are Estuary skin files. To navigate to Kodi folder it's best to use https://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol as different OS's can have their own locations but those Special Protocol paths remain the same on any OS. Estuary being the default skin is within the Kodi installation folder so the path for this is special://xbmc then within there will be an addons folder and then the skin.estuary folder. However any updates will overwrite this location so I would advise copying the whole skin.estuary folder from the windows pc with your userdata folder which does not get overwritten when you do an upgrade, to do this then skin.estuary must be copied to special://home/addons

Or if you prefer using the FTP manager then I think the addons userdata folder will be Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons not sure about the install folder.
Note if you copy across the entire skin.estuary folder to your userdata it is best to update the folder name and the addon.xml to reflect this just to ensure you're using the modified skin.

For example skin.estuary.mymod as the folder name and in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...don.xml#L2 change
xml:
<addon id="skin.estuary" version="3.0.10" name="Estuary" provider-name="phil65, Ichabod Fletchman">
to
xml:
<addon id="skin.estuary.mymod" version="3.0.10" name="Estuary My Mod" provider-name="phil65, Ichabod Fletchman">

where id= is the folder name
& where name= is the name shown in the GUI
OK,

I'm trying to copy those files by kodi file manager.
(I haven't used it yet).

I can access only profile directory and his subfolders...
(the folder where I have placed AdvancedSettings.xml).
Is this the target dir?

Yes, I have modified the Estuary skin, but only a little... (I have just removed the clock display).
It was impossible...

I suppose to have to substitute the original files in the target folder.
I have copied the files in many locations but:

1) When I copy the files, the machine doesn't ask "do you wanna replace files"?
2) After the copy in TV the clock is displayed again.

What can I doHuh
Hi,

I don't understand...

In Windows, in AppData (I have the portable version, it's the same) there is a folder named KODI/ADDONS/SKIN.ESTUARY/XML
But if I look in AndroidTV at the path ANDROID/DATA/ORG.XBMC.KODI/FILES/.KODI/ADDONS the folder skin.estuary/xml is missing.
In addons there are two folders: Packages and Temp.

Where are gone the related folders (many folders) i read in Windows/addons?
The structure of the program is different in Windows and AndroidTV, and I'm looking for skin.estuary/xml/includes.xml.

Thanks.
(2023-01-13, 22:49)Ditacim Wrote: But if I look in AndroidTV at the path ANDROID/DATA/ORG.XBMC.KODI/FILES/.KODI/ADDONS the folder skin.estuary/xml is missing.

Estuary is the system-default skin of Kodi. It is not located in the userdata folder.

Perhaps the portable Windows version does things different (I'm not a Windows user) because of that portability, but the userdata folder is not the default location for Estuary skin files.
Thanks for the answer, but I noticed already the folder structure is different in Windows and Android...
Could you tell me where is located this folder. please?

When you say "It is not located in the userdata folder", it' isn't a great help!
On Android it's probably somewhere under /data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/  There will be an "addon" directory, and Estuary will be installed in that.  Can't help further as I don't have an Android device to dig around on.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks.

It's strange... the team members should know perfectly where every component is installed.
You should have more relations between the programmers and developers and the people who follow the user in forum.

I know, you are voluntary and everyone give the best, but a better organization is important.
(2023-01-14, 12:36)Ditacim Wrote: It's strange... the team members should know perfectly where every component is installed.
Hmmm... That would be more a developer's thing, IMO. Or do you really expect a hotel doorman to know how the hotel's air conditioning system works in full electronic detail?
Unfortunately, not everyone on the team is a rocket scientist / full developer.

(2023-01-14, 12:36)Ditacim Wrote: but a better organization is important.
It's always nice to comment from the sidelines, right?
Yes, we can always improve, but we're also short on staff since a couple of years.
If you know anyone who can participate in our team, don't hesitate to inform us!
What I would say is a normal user  can know or not about an argument, is appreciate the help.
From the official team the novice aspects a bible about the program features.

About an help if it could be possible (I wish to do this).
I have many ideas, and I proposed it, but the team haven't answered...
I have an idea...

As you are official team, and you are able to know the developers and programmers, could you contact him to ask where is placed includes.xml in AndroidTV, please?

Thanks
You had 2 threads on pretty much the same subject so merged them together.

Seems you didn't follow my instructions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy files0