Do any add-ons exist that would show "edit nfo file" in the context menu?
Does anyone know whether an add-on exists, or if there's anyway to allow Kodi to show the option "Edit NFO file" when in a movie's information page? I know such an option would also need a text editor, but I think it's important enough that maybe such an option (if created in future versions of Kodi), could be triggered by the user, when setting up Kodi in "expert mode". Any information on the topic would be appreciated. Thank you!
(2023-01-14, 17:26)cocopugg Wrote: if there's anyway to allow Kodi to show the option "Edit NFO file" when in a movie's information page
No.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I always thought it would be a great idea to invoke your favourite editor from the information page, a feature request that almost everyone would appreciate.

Moving this to 'feature request', let see how much interest we can generate.
@cocopugg 
There is an addon in the official Kodi repo called 'Metadata Editor' that might do what you seem to be asking. The addon can easily be opened via the context menu when highlighted on the item you want to edit (Movie/TV Show/Episode). Most of the fields/tags that exist on the original NFO file are included on this editor. Any changes you might make such as Title, Genre, Plot, Ratings etc will appear instantly in Kodi. You just need to remember to re-export your library after making any edits so that these new changes overwrite the previous details that were on the original NFO file. That's because if you ever need to re-scrape your entire library from scratch the NFO file will now have the updated details. 

I use this addon several times a week to make all the edits I need to do and is completely hassle free. I think you can find it listed under Programs or Services.
The 'Metadata' Editor doesn't work under Nexus (deprecated API-call that returns a runtime error). This issue is still known since 1,5 years now and reported to the git of the maintainer (https://github.com/sualfred/script.metadata.editor, see issues and pull requests). Since the last visit of the maintainer was in May 2022 in this forum I decided to fix and host this addon (Nexus) in Kodinerds Repo temporarly until a solution by kodi is found.

Kodinerds Repo is located at https://repo.kodinerds.net

UPDATE: Since a fixed version of Metadata Editor is now available at Kodi Addon Repo again, the Metadata Editor has been removed from Kodinerds Repo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do any add-ons exist that would show "edit nfo file" in the context menu?0