pvr-mythtv for Kodi 20.1
I had the PPA for Kodi in my Ubuntu/Linux Mint 21.1 list of repositories and this morning I got updated to Kodi 20.1 and it disabled pvr-mythtv because it said the version was not compatible.

I can remove the PPA and use what Ubuntu uses with is 19.4.  I'm concerned Ubuntu will move to 20.1 before pvr-mythtv gets update to 20.1. 

Anyone know the state of things?
I think there is something wrong with the addon repo as on Windows I had the same problem.
Managed to download the zip addon from the addon repo and manually install.
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/nexus/pvr...ws-x86_64/
There is definitely something going on.  After I got automatically updated to 20.1 and pvr-mythtv failed due to incompatibility, I remove the PPA so I'd get the default Ubuntu 19.4. After I saw your note I downloaded the zip file for 20 and put the PPA back in but the updates for Kodi and kodi-bin are being held back. So I'm back on Kodi 19.4 but from the PPA.
Everything was working from unstable last week.  The deb file from that unstable should work with all the RCs and final.

Martin
I went back and looked at that list of pvr-addons and mythtv is not there for Linux/Ubuntu. Just Windows, OSX and Android.  So it must not be ready.
(2023-01-16, 23:34)emveepee Wrote: Everything was working from unstable last week.  The deb file from that unstable should work with all the RCs and final.

Martin

Are you saying that pvr-mythtv will work in 20.1? Doesn't appear to be one in the list for Ubuntu
20.1 add on list
Ubuntu builds come from the PPA not from a repo.  Unstable has the RC which is v20

Martin
I found out this morning that I upgraded automatically to Kodi 20 and that the pvr-mythtv add-on had been disabled.
Because TV services are the most used part in Kodi by my family members I really would like to find a solution before they’ll come home this evening.
So I came here and found this thread. I’m on Jammy and after having read and tried to understand your posts I went to https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc and looked in Kodi stable and Kodi Unstable.
Kodi stable has: kodi-pvr-mythtv – 6:19.0.11-1~jammy
Kodi Unstable has: kodi-pvr-mythtv – 20.3.0-1~jammy
So what would be the best for me to do, changing the PPA to Unstable, install kodi-pvr-mythtv and going back to stable, or to download "kodi-pvr-mythtv_20.3.0-1~jammy_amd64.deb" and install it manually?
I had no issues with deleting the PPA from software source -> PPA.  Kodi 19 is in the Ubuntu repositories, i.e. no PPA added. You can look in /etc/apt/sources.d/ if you want.

I then removed kodi and koci-pvr-mythtv.  Then installed them again. it found 19.4.  If you use Flatpak to install kodi you get 19.5.

I'll test the unstable later today and see if mythtv pvr get working and post answer.
I have a newly installed Linux Mint 21.1 which is based on Ubuntu 22.04 and I installed the unstable Kodi PPA per their website instructions.  Then I install Kodi and Kodi-pvr-mythtv.

I got Kodi 20 with pvr-mythtv 20.3

All works correctly for me. BTW, my mythtv-backend is v32.
OK, thanks. I would like to stick with Nexus now because I’m using a shared MySQL library which got updated from Matrix to Nexus.
I don’t know if it’s the right way, but here is what I’ve done.

sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt update
sudo apt install kodi-pvr-mythtv

(the last didn’t work, it said kodi-pvr-mythtv est déjà la version la plus récente (6:19.0.11-1~jammy))

sudo apt remove kodi-pvr-mythtv

And now it installed kodi-pvr-mythtv amd64 20.3.0-1~jammy

All seems to work now, but I get a sort of flickering with the video from pvr but also from my other videos in most of my skins. But at least it works perfectly in Estuary.
I haven’t set the PPA to stable for instant, I will wait ‘till kodi-pvr-mythtv will find it’s way in there.
(2023-01-17, 17:23)Aerod Wrote: I don’t know if it’s the right way, but here is what I’ve done.

sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt update

(the last didn’t work, it said kodi-pvr-mythtv est déjà la version la plus récente (6:19.0.11-1~jammy))

sudo apt remove kodi-pvr-mythtv

And now it installed kodi-pvr-mythtv amd64 20.3.0-1~jammy

All seems to work now, but I get a sort of flickering with the video from pvr but also from my other videos in most of my skins. But at least it works perfectly in Estuary.
I haven’t set the PPA to stable for instant, I will wait ‘till kodi-pvr-mythtv will find it’s way in there.
Which Ubuntu version do you use? It seems it was build for jammy 22.04 LTS?
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr-mythtv for Kodi 20.10