Solved Kodi 20 cannot see local files on HDD connected to Nvidia Shield Pro
Kodi 20 cannot see local files on HDD , i was on 19.3 and since Kodi updated itself i no longer can see ANY files on the HDD or even on my NAS. I have 2 Nvidia Shield Pro and i have this problem on both of them?
Exactly the same problem here!
On Android TV go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time.

Then reopen Kodi.

MODERATOR ADDITION:
This is from one of Nvidia's customer help pages, stating that Android 11 and up are affected when using file access.
See https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/...permission
(2023-01-17, 01:30)GrimGriefer Wrote: On Android TV go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time.

Then reopen Kodi.

Worked for me, thanks for the fix.
(2023-01-17, 03:34)oscar13sd Wrote:
(2023-01-17, 01:30)GrimGriefer Wrote: On Android TV go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time.

Then reopen Kodi.

Worked for me, thanks for the fix.
Thanks for that. I could see the external drive (I chose 'Allow only while the app is running') but not all the content. It's all visible now.

Then reopen Kodi.

many thanks for that I was tearing my hair out until I read this...
Thread marked solved.

Then reopen Kodi.

Thank you!
Many thanks Smile
A big thank you!
Thank you very much
Kodi 20 Ethernet connection not working & there is no option now to to reconnect Ethernet? Buffering too long now & Kodi cuts off? Any advice welcome gracefully! Smile
(2023-01-21, 11:07)Loveve1 Wrote: Any advice welcome gracefully!
Hmm... Did you just pick a convenient forum thread to post your quite vague question in, and kinda hijack the thread? Next time, for unrelated questions to the topic, please open your own new forum thread in the appropriate forum section.

So which Kodi using hardware are you referring to?

Then reopen Kodi.

MODERATOR ADDITION:
This is from one of Nvidia's customer help pages, stating that Android 11 and up are affected when using file access.
See https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/...permission
Thanks for this.... everything was working last week, then nothing! I may never have worked that out.....
Sad 
Hello,
I also have the same problem, all my files on my hdd are not visible.
I Uninstalled kodi, re-installed it and also checked that my had is referred as a source in kodi.
Unfortunately, I still don't see my files... ☹️

Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 20 cannot see local files on HDD connected to Nvidia Shield Pro0