v20 Enigma2 20.4.1 switches off during list downolading from PVR
Thumbs Up 
thank you phunkyfish Cool , runs!
Oh! Not so fast!  20.4.2 doesn't work for me.  I have a Nvidia TV device which I last used in December.  It had a working version of Kodi installed.   I went into Google Play and updated Kodi to the latest version.  Kodi started with its 'First run' message but hung when it was updating plugins.  Eventually I Forced Stop and then tried to run Kodi but it quickly collapses

My other Nvidia Tv device has now got 20.4.2.  Previously with Nexus and 20.4.1 it failed to download the Guide and still won't download the guide with 20.4.2.  It is set to download only the Favourites Bouquet.  

My hub is a UNI 4K Se
You might need to manually install the nightly with 1.1.8 of the filesystem until 20.1 is out if the change is in the core. 

Martin
(2023-01-31, 14:36)Branksome Wrote: Oh! Not so fast!  20.4.2 doesn't work for me.  I have a Nvidia TV device which I last used in December.  It had a working version of Kodi installed.   I went into Google Play and updated Kodi to the latest version.  Kodi started with its 'First run' message but hung when it was updating plugins.  Eventually I Forced Stop and then tried to run Kodi but it quickly collapses

My other Nvidia Tv device has now got 20.4.2.  Previously with Nexus and 20.4.1 it failed to download the Guide and still won't download the guide with 20.4.2.  It is set to download only the Favourites Bouquet.  

My hub is a UNI 4K Se

Can you completely uninstall the enigma2 add-on and then reinstall it, configure it and see what happens.

If it still crashes please provide a pastebin of the crashlog.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Greetings...

btw....still no radio-favourites will appear in new Enigma....TV works fine......is there a workaround?

Thnx!!!
Thankyou Phunkyfish.  But because Kodi collapses on loading, I assume there is nothing I can do other than start from scratch and configure everything anew.

However, on my other Android Kodi working system, it won't download the Favourites bouquet.  Greetz also had this problem which he posted earlier.
I would just like to correct the post I made above.  The actual problem is the failure to download the guide.  I can get now All Channels with Favourites first.  And I can get Radio channels.  But no guide date or even Now and Next.   

In Kodi settings under TV, if I select Guide, Clear,  it will then attempt to download the Guide.  But nothing appears

Guide OK on older version of Kodi running on a Pi
(2023-02-01, 13:23)Branksome Wrote: I would just like to correct the post I made above.  The actual problem is the failure to download the guide.  I can get now All Channels with Favourites first.  And I can get Radio channels.  But no guide date or even Now and Next.  

I expect you should be able to provide debug logs now.
Uploaded log file ref https://paste.kodi.tv/ugecaquwac

Guide not downloading
Did you reset the PVR database in Settings?    I know pvr.nextpvr users had to do this

Also I am stlll not sure if : kodi.binary.global.filesystem v1.1.7 installed is getting the core fix that you need so if the reset fails try the Android nightly.

Martin
Yo,

delete again program and settings.....works fine again WITH radio!!!

Thnx again
I'm stuck in a crash loop and I don't understand why. I've tried latest dev build of Kodi, 20 RC stable, and the addon version from Kodi repository is 20.5.1 which seems new enough to dodge this problem?

Is there something else I need to do to fix this?
(2023-03-07, 15:01)PhilV Wrote: I'm stuck in a crash loop and I don't understand why. I've tried latest dev build of Kodi, 20 RC stable, and the addon version from Kodi repository is 20.5.1 which seems new enough to dodge this problem?

Is there something else I need to do to fix this?

Who not use 20 final? You don’t mention any details of ff system you are running so very hard to try and help you.
Apologies, I meant 20 final.

It's actually working now; I deduced there was an issue with my Bouquets after much experimentung and finding it would work when loading select Bouquets but crash when trying to load all.
I ran them through a nice little windows GUI tool called dreamboxEDIT which removed all the corrupted entries, manually tidied it a bit more, reuploaded and now the Enigma2 kodi plug in can happily parse it just fine.

So what I thought was a program issue, seems to have just been bad data (or the inability to handle bad data).

All good here, now.
(2023-03-08, 14:09)PhilV Wrote: Apologies, I meant 20 final.

It's actually working now; I deduced there was an issue with my Bouquets after much experimentung and finding it would work when loading select Bouquets but crash when trying to load all.
I ran them through a nice little windows GUI tool called dreamboxEDIT which removed all the corrupted entries, manually tidied it a bit more, reuploaded and now the Enigma2 kodi plug in can happily parse it just fine.

So what I thought was a program issue, seems to have just been bad data (or the inability to handle bad data).

All good here, now.

Cool.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enigma2 20.4.1 switches off during list downolading from PVR0