Android KODI v20 & AV1 HW decoding on compatible AMLogic SoCs (& AV1 Grain Synthesis)
Has anybody tested v20 with devices based on AMLogic SoCs that support HW decoding AV1(S805X2,S905Y4, S905X4, and S928X)?

The obvious ones that come to mind, the HD Chromecast(S805X2) and Mi Stick 4k(S905Y4), have both been available for some time, but there is a plethora of both certified and uncertified devices, particularly using the S905X4(which is the main one I'm interested in, as I suspect it'll power both the rumored upcoming Mi box 2 and Chromecast 4k successor; regardless, I presume that the AV1 decoder logic is the same on all those chipsets).

Aside from the obvious question of whether AV1 HW decoding is working smoothly in KODI v20, I'm also particularly interested in the quality and availability of AV1 Grain Synthesis in AMLogic's HW decoder. To my surprise, I've been able to find no info whatsoever on whether these hardware decoders support AV1 Grain Synthesis at all. Is that supposed to be a given?

Anyhow, any info would be appreciated. Thank you, good people!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI v20 & AV1 HW decoding on compatible AMLogic SoCs (& AV1 Grain Synthesis)0