MythTV software
Trying to install this on ubuntu server 18 has just wasted 4 hours of my life that I will never get back, and its 80% almost working but the installer is just a steaming pile of shit that requires so much checking of files/configs and googling. They should change the output of the install to just read: "GET FUCKED". I genuinely want to smash my computer with a hammer after this AIDS fest of an install.
(2023-01-19, 10:26)Reyestatrin Wrote: 4 hours of my life that I will never get back

Well, why don't you simply stop sleeping, because those are really hours that you won't ever get back.

(2023-01-19, 10:26)Reyestatrin Wrote: I genuinely want to smash my computer with a hammer after this AIDS fest of an install.

I really suggest you tone down the attitude as well as the choice of "words", otherwise TeamKodi's time will be something WE won't ever get back and your stay at this forum will be a very short one.
@Reyestatrin

Please keep it family friendly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-01-19, 10:26)Reyestatrin Wrote: Trying to install this on ubuntu server 18 . . . but the installer . . . requires so much . . . of . . . googling.
With Google you should have found out that EOL for Bionic is April 2023 and any support will be dropped after. You should better upgrade your server or stick with Kodi Matrix (for the time it will be supported).
(2023-01-19, 10:26)Reyestatrin Wrote: Trying to install this on ubuntu server 18 has just wasted 4 hours of my life that I will never get back...
What do you mean for "this" ?
4 hours are not enough to read the doc and understand how to design your system. I suggest you register on chatgpt, which has a brain of a sparrow but will be able to explain to you what it is.
Anyway ubuntu 18 is out of, and today nobody wastes his time to maintain software on it.
Start by https://www.mythtv.org/.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV software0