Android LiveTV recordings Episode names all display show name after v20 upgrade
Just upgraded all 3 of my ShieldTVs and after the update every one of my LiveTV recordings show the episode season number and episode number but then says the name of the show instead of the episode name. 19.4 showed the episode name. For example every episode of Becker says: S01E01 - Becker, S01E02 - Becker. All down the line. Same for every show. To the right of each episode it shows what the name should be but the list does not. Searched all the settings and the web but can’t find a solution. Thx!
In v20 I removed a hacked display option for the filenames since Kodi now allows S/E display and sorting and it only displays the way the skinner designed it. it In Estuary the second line of the list will show the  S/E title information as shown in this image. 

If you aren't using Estuary, I would change to Estuary to see what it looks like.  If there are still problems I would need an Estuary screenshot to help you further.  While the title maybe is redundant in Estuary, in the old version the title was never displayed, and perhaps I am misunderstanding the problem.  If Estuary is ok, or you don't like Estuary, comment in the appropriate skin sub-forum. here.

Also assuming you have S/E metadata make sure you use the S/E sort You can change the default in advancedsettings.xml as explained in the wiki.  I wanted to have the addon optionally add this setting but Kodi Team wouldn't allow me to to do that, I know many users like this order.

Martin
Yes I’m using Silvio Aeon. I switched it to Estuary and I assume the behavior is how it should be but I’ve not used Estuary since I set up the PVR. I took a photo of each skin for you to see. I’m assuming this issue is with the skin and they would need to fix it? Thx for your help.
Yes that is design issue with the Silvio Aeon skin in the Slim View which does not use the episode name infolabel on the left list.  Check the View options on the slide out and the 2 line display shows the episode name.   Perhaps make a suggestion to have the Slim View display the episode name.  There are other issue with the skin too eg. before dropping into your Becker folder Estuary shows the episode title with the name, not just repeating  the folder title.

Martin
Gotcha. I just thought it was odd that it didn’t look like this prior to the v20 upgrade. I’ve always used Slim List since it looks cleaner. I changed to List and I see what you’re talking about. I can now see the show name and S/E info, it just takes up a lot more room. Not a perfect fix, but it’ll have to do. I appreciate your explanation for me.
You should still follow up with the developer, it is definitely possible in the slim view.

Martin
That’s exactly how mine used to look! This is on v20? I’ll definitely inquire to the developer. Would that be here on the forum under Skins -> Aeon Nox Silvio?

Thx!
Yes v20 I don't know if the forum or github is better sorry.  Here's the patch I used, there probably is an easier way for someone that knows skinning.

https://pastebin.com/XSYBht6R

It probably isn't how it would show in older version thoughs, the hack that was removed may not have provided the title of the show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV recordings Episode names all display show name after v20 upgrade0