• 3(current)
v20 Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus Mod
(2023-01-24, 16:29)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 15:17)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 14:17)andrzejls Wrote: I do not thing SHS is the issue. Switch to default skin and see what happen with SHS enabled.
@andrzejls SHS might not be the culprit here but just because the crashes don't occur when using the default skin with SHS enabled really doesn't prove anything. When listening to music with the default skin SHS isn't being used in the same way as it is when listening to music using MQ8 Nexus Mod and Layout 7. I'll test later today when I have some time.
@wags1 I do not know why, but in Matrix and all previous versions I had SHS and SHW enabled and did not have any crashes on Nvidia Shields Pro`s 2019 nor on 1 Firestick 4K. All of this started with Nexus. In Nexus I installed Aeon MQ 7 Nexus Mod (I believe MQ 7 uses SHS  and SHW) and did not get any crashes with SHS and SHW enabled. BTW, I also use Layout 7 in music.
@andrzejls Just to be clear, when you are listening to music using MQ 7 Nexus Mod using Layout 7 with SHS and SHW enabled you are not experiencing any periodic crashes? If that is true that would certainly indicate that the issue is something with the MQ8 Nexus Mod. I should have some time later today to install MQ7 Nexus Mod and test.
(2023-01-24, 16:41)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 16:29)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 15:17)wags1 Wrote: @andrzejls SHS might not be the culprit here but just because the crashes don't occur when using the default skin with SHS enabled really doesn't prove anything. When listening to music with the default skin SHS isn't being used in the same way as it is when listening to music using MQ8 Nexus Mod and Layout 7. I'll test later today when I have some time.
@wags1 I do not know why, but in Matrix and all previous versions I had SHS and SHW enabled and did not have any crashes on Nvidia Shields Pro`s 2019 nor on 1 Firestick 4K. All of this started with Nexus. In Nexus I installed Aeon MQ 7 Nexus Mod (I believe MQ 7 uses SHS  and SHW) and did not get any crashes with SHS and SHW enabled. BTW, I also use Layout 7 in music.
@andrzejls Just to be clear, when you are listening to music using MQ 7 Nexus Mod using Layout 7 with SHS and SHW enabled you are not experiencing any periodic crashes? If that is true that would certainly indicate that the issue is something with the MQ8 Nexus Mod. I should have some time later today to install MQ7 Nexus Mod and test.
I tested MQ 7 Nexus mode with SHS, SHW and Faourites script installed and enabled. No crashes at all. I did not tested playing music, yet, on MQ 7 Nexus/ I will do it now and keep you posted. BTW, there is ni Layout 7 in MQ 7.
The only thing is that in MQ 7 there is a bug: "Buffering ... 100%" text is always shown. Other than that it feels solid.

Update:
There is a fix to MQ 7Nexus "Buffering" bug on MQ 7 Nexus forum. It works.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
@latts9923 Not sure if this periodic crash bug when listening to music using MQ8 Nexus Mod is unique to the Shield or occurs on other platforms. IIRC you don't have a Shield so if I can do any testing for you to help isolate the issue just let me know.
(2023-01-24, 18:33)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 16:41)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 16:29)andrzejls Wrote: @wags1 I do not know why, but in Matrix and all previous versions I had SHS and SHW enabled and did not have any crashes on Nvidia Shields Pro`s 2019 nor on 1 Firestick 4K. All of this started with Nexus. In Nexus I installed Aeon MQ 7 Nexus Mod (I believe MQ 7 uses SHS  and SHW) and did not get any crashes with SHS and SHW enabled. BTW, I also use Layout 7 in music.
I tested MQ 7 Nexus mode with SHS, SHW and Faourites script installed and enabled. No crashes at all. I did not tested playing music, yet, on MQ 7 Nexus/ I will do it now and keep you posted. BTW, there is ni Layout 7 in MQ 7.
The only thing is that in MQ 7 there is a bug: "Buffering ... 100%" text is always shown. Other than that it feels solid.

Update:
There is a fix to MQ 7Nexus "Buffering" bug on MQ 7 Nexus forum. It works.
@andrzejls I had seen that buffering text bug occasionally (it very occasionally happened but when it was there the text would not go away till you restarted Kodi) running MQ8 Matrix Mod but restarting Kodi always made the text go away.
@wags1 , In MQ 7Nexus Mod it would stay all the time. You need to edit one file as per instructions on the Forum. I played Music from my NAS server (local files) as well as streaming Radio Station from Switzerland and MQ 7 did not crush.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
(2023-01-24, 19:40)wags1 Wrote: @latts9923 Not sure if this periodic crash bug when listening to music using MQ8 Nexus Mod is unique to the Shield or occurs on other platforms. IIRC you don't have a Shield so if I can do any testing for you to help isolate the issue just let me know.
I have 1 (one) Firestick 4K Max and it does crash on it as well.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
(2023-01-24, 19:48)andrzejls Wrote: @wags1 , In MQ 7Nexus Mod it would stay all the time. You need to edit one file as per instructions on the Forum. I played Music from my NAS server (local files) as well as streaming Radio Station from Switzerland and MQ 7 did not crush.

@andrzejls That is a helpful data point. Really is pointing to an issue with MQ8 Nexus Mod and/or some interaction between it and one of the addons it uses.
(2023-01-24, 19:50)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 19:40)wags1 Wrote: @latts9923 Not sure if this periodic crash bug when listening to music using MQ8 Nexus Mod is unique to the Shield or occurs on other platforms. IIRC you don't have a Shield so if I can do any testing for you to help isolate the issue just let me know.
@andrzejls Interesting, so maybe it's an issue running on Android in general whether its a Shield or a FireTV device.
(2023-01-24, 19:53)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 19:50)andrzejls Wrote:
@andrzejls Interesting, so maybe it's an issue running on Android in general whether its a Shield or a FireTV device.
@wags1, it could be but there was no issue, at least I did not have any, with Matrix on both devices. I do not have any MS Windows OS machines, so I cannot test on that platform. I just have a feeling that Nexus got so many changes under the hood that MQ 8 Nexus Mod skin needs some adjustments. I do not know this for a fact, but this is my "WAG" (no pun intended) theory.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Hi @latts9923
I'm getting some strange behaviour with 3D Magazine view and the Alphabet Scrollbar.
I have 'Music Videos' as a sub menu in Music.
When I select the Music Video sub menu the view pops up but it is dimmed until I click on a 'magazine' then all is OK (not a major issue but thought I'd mention it). Also the Alphabet scrollbar pops up but doesn't do anything. I can't move to any letters on it. It works fine for Music though.

Thanks

Pete
(2023-01-24, 20:20)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 19:53)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-01-24, 19:50)andrzejls Wrote: I have 1 (one) Firestick 4K Max and it does crash on it as well.
@wags1, it could be but there was no issue, at least I did not have any, with Matrix on both devices. I do not have any MS Windows OS machines, so I cannot test on that platform. I just have a feeling that Nexus got so many changes under the hood that MQ 8 Nexus Mod skin needs some adjustments. I do not know this for a fact, but this is my "WAG" (no pun intended) theory.
@andrzejls Yes, this issue started with the update to Nexus. I was not experiencing any periodic crash issues listening to music using MQ8 Matrix Mod running on Matrix.
@wags1 
@andrzejls 
On my windows notebook the nexus mod is running without problems for hours (Music viz layout 3). SHS and widgets not installed/deactivated.
Greetz
Klaus
Windows 11 Kodi Omega Aeon 8 mod
(2023-01-24, 20:41)Nickerw Wrote: @wags1 
@andrzejls 
On my windows notebook the nexus mod is running without problems for hours (Music viz layout 3). SHS and widgets not installed/deactivated.
Greetz
Klaus

@Nickerw Have you tried installing and enabling SHS and listening to music using Layout 7 to see if you experience any hard crash issues at the 20 to 30 minute or a little over 1 hour range? That may tell us whether this issue is specific to Android or exists on Windows too. As a test I disabled SHS and have been listening to music using Layout 7. I’m at the 46 minute mark with no hard crash. I’ll run it for an hour and a half and then enable SHS and see if I experience any hard crash. That should really pinpoint SHS as the culprit or at least some interaction between SHS and MQ8 Nexus Mod…at least when running on Android.
(2023-01-24, 20:41)Nickerw Wrote: @wags1 
@andrzejls 
Greetz
Klaus
@Nickerw, I had the same experience, no crash when both SHS and SHW disabled. For me the worst was "Favourites" script. when installed Nexus would hard crash within 10 seconds. Could you try enable them and see what happen?.
I just want to point out that MQ 7 Nexus Mod does not crash at all with SHS, SHW and Favouirites script turned ON.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
@latts9923 Test results: I disabled SHS and listened to music using Layout 7 and had no problems (other than not getting the visual elements that require SHS of course) for 1 hour and 31 minutes. I then enabled SHS and listened to music using Layout 7 and experienced a hard crash at 39 minutes. I think this really does point to something involving SHS as the cause of the hard crashes. I posted over in the SHS thread to see if their was a new version of SHS coming for Nexus.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus Mod0