Re-sync remote app with desktop
Hi,
I've deleted the mymusic82.db file from my desktop, in order to start with a clean install. As expected, nothing is showing on the Kodi desktop.

On the remote app, if I view albums, it shows empty, however if I select artists, it still shows nearly 2000 entries, & also in the genres tab, it contains many entries.

From the home screen on IoS app, I've dragged down from the top to try & force a re-sync, but no joy.

I've since added a single album to the desktop, but I the album entry on remote is showing as Zero....

Any clues would be most appreciated!

edit: sorry, ignore, found a setting on the phone for Kodi, where I can clear the cache. I'm learning....slowly Smile
(2023-01-23, 13:59)mickyb Wrote: edit: sorry, ignore, found a setting on the phone for Kodi, where I can clear the cache. I'm learning....slowly Smile

No worries. Smile

From you description I am not sure, if you tried pull-to-sync in the artist and the genre lists. This should also have cleared the content. If you want to refresh / clean all content the option you used is more efficient though.

One question: Why do you keep using the folder based browsing and not the library / database browsing? This was the reason for me to start using Kodi and Kodi Remote App. It is really convenient.
Hi,
It's the nature of my library structure, which means I like the flexibility of both the use of internal DB & external (physical) structure. I have a small set of HD & multi-channel albums which I'd prefer to keep in their own folder on Windows.

My main library (which consists of approx 2k artists), I'm happy to use the facilities within Kodi for access through the DB.

I have a 3rd set, which consists of over 5k albums, all bootlegs by a single artist, & again, it's easier if these are accessible via the folder structure, as many have limited (or no) tags.

Horses for courses Smile
Thanks for sharing. In fact, I also have some files (lossy compressed to mp3 and mpc format) which I did not scan to Kodi's database as I only want uncompressed CD rips in my library. But majorly I am using the library during my music listening.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Re-sync remote app with desktop0