Android Regular crashes navigating menus or during playback.
Regular crashes navigating menus or during playback, but seems to improve when Kodi has been running for an hour or so. Seems to be worse since update to v20
Kodi 20.0 on Nvidia Shield Pro
Log is from crash during navigation: https://paste.kodi.tv/ogezevezem.kodi
Hello,

I agree with this post, I have exactly the same problem. kodi 20 Nividia Shield pro

On Android TV go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time. OK
Is it only crashing with the Amber skin? Or also with the default Estuary?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I tried reverting to Estuary but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
I have now also tried disabling all add ons (that allow disabling) but that has made no difference to the crashing.
I have also been experiencing periodic crashes using Nexus on Android (I'm using a 2017 Nvidia Shield Pro but another user has tested on a FireTV Stick 4k and is getting the same periodic crashes). I'm using Latt's MQ8 Nexus Mod. The testing I have done and results are as follows:
 I disabled SHS and listened to music using Layout 7 and had no problems (other than not getting the visual elements that require SHS of course) for 1 hour and 31 minutes. I then enabled SHS and listened to music using Layout 7 and experienced a hard crash at 39 minutes. I then disabled SHS and listened to music for 1 hour and 15 minutes with no problems. I then enabled SHS and listened to music and experienced a crash at 23 minutes.
We had another user test the same scenario Running Nexus on Windows 11 and they had no crashes so it seems to be specific to running Nexus on Android.

Note that this issue was not present when running the same scenario using Matrix and the MQ8 Matrix Mod.

This discussion is also ongoing in both the MQ8 Matrix Mod and SHS support threads.
I have now discovered that my crashing issue is resolved by plugging one usb storage drive directly into the Shield. I did have three usb drives connected via a powered hub into the shield. I will do more testing.
I am also having random crashes on Nexus. I also have a USB Hub. I don't know if it related.
Apologies. Please ignore my previous comment re USB drives and hubs. That is not the problem. I had stupidly failed to notice that I had disconnected the ethernet cable from the Nvidia Shield. The network connection is actually the problem. With no internet connection Kodi is running fine with no crashing. As soon as I reconnect the Shield (using ethernet or wifi) then Kodi is crashing during menu navigation and during video playback of local files.
Just an additional report that I have also experienced hard crashes simply when navigating the menu system. So not just during playback. This was with SHS enabled. I have not tested simply navigating the menu system with SHS disabled.
For those experiencing crash issues running Nexus on Android, updated versions of Metadatautils, SHS, SHSW, and TV Show Next Aired have been posted to GitHub. I have not had a chance to test yet so have no idea if this fixes the crash issue (will have time to test tomorrow). Links to the new versions can be found here
(2023-01-31, 06:19)wags1 Wrote: For those experiencing crash issues running Nexus on Android, updated versions of Metadatautils, SHS, SHSW, and TV Show Next Aired have been posted to GitHub. I have not had a chance to test yet so have no idea if this fixes the crash issue (will have time to test tomorrow). Links to the new versions can be found here
Thanks wags1. I don't have any of these installed so doesn't fix my issue sadly.
(2023-01-26, 12:55)stadefilms Wrote: With no internet connection Kodi is running fine with no crashing. As soon as I reconnect the Shield (using ethernet or wifi) then Kodi is crashing during menu navigation

If that is still the case, can you get a debug log (wiki) showing the crash?  The instructions are in the link.

Thanks.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
UPDATE - NM, it just took longer to crash, so no this does not solve the issue.

Initial testing indicates that this has completely solved the issue for me.

For folks who use a personal API key for TheAudioDB (this only applies to numeric only API keys which I think are US only) when you update metadatautils you will need to make the following change after the update:

Fix for audiodb api problem

In metadatautils, lib, helpers, theaudiodb.py - replace line near end of py file with - 

endpoint = 'https://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/%s/%s' % (self.api_key, endpoint)
(2023-01-31, 13:58)black_eagle Wrote:
(2023-01-26, 12:55)stadefilms Wrote: With no internet connection Kodi is running fine with no crashing. As soon as I reconnect the Shield (using ethernet or wifi) then Kodi is crashing during menu navigation

If that is still the case, can you get a debug log (wiki) showing the crash?  The instructions are in the link.

Thanks.
Thanks black_eagle. Here's a new crash log with debug enabled. Crashed while navigating.
https://paste.kodi.tv/fawacutoyi.kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regular crashes navigating menus or during playback.0