Android Regular crashes navigating menus or during playback.
problem solved with this version: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/androi...64-v8a.apk
@wags1 I  installed the latest March 10th. version from the link you provided ("Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus" thread) on 2 (two) Nvidia Shields Pro 2019. I am running updated Kodi Nexus with SHS and SHW activated for past ~ 3 hours with no crashes at all. There is only 1 caveat,  when exited from Kodi and immediately restarting it, Kodi crashes but if I wait ~ 10-15 seconds and then restart, no crash. I browsed through menus, played music for more than hour, so far so good. One common issue I find is when I add new TV Show and run Update Library from TV Shows menu, "TMDB TV SHOWS" does not recognize new  show and does not add it to library. I need to go to Settings --> Media--> Videos --> TV Shows and manually activate new show by "CHANGE CONTENT". This condition is not related to Kodi crashing but to Kodi Nexus. In Matrix this worked just fine but is broken in Nexus.

Note:
I posted same message on "Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus" thread.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
@andrzejls Thanks, that is encouraging. Hopefully it will all be included in the point release for Nexus if/when it gets released. I’m holding out for that rather than install nightlies.
Tangential posts for a Pi issue moved here
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I updated to Nexus 20.1 on one of my Shields yesterday and so far so good. I listened to music for about an hour and a half yesterday afternoon with no crashes or other problems. I updated my other Shield this morning and that one seems to be stable as well. Unfortunately I can't claim that 20.1 fixed the original crash issues as I had to wipe out both Kodi installs and re-install to revert back to Matrix. Also, I replaced my Synology NAS in the month I was running Matrix (I moved from a DS213 to a DS220+ which significantly improved performance). And of course in the interim Latts updated MQ 8 for Nexus. So it could be that 20.1 fixed the issues, or one of the other items fixed it...no way to really tell.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regular crashes navigating menus or during playback.0