Kodi 19.5 suddenly blanks menus on WiFi AppleTV HD (4th Gen)
I've used Kodi (v. 19.5 and earlier, back thru v. 17) successfully on my AppleTV HD (4th Gen.) for years. That particular device had been in my living room and was connected to my home network via a Cat-6 (gigabit) Ethernet cable.

I recently got a new AppleTV 4K (3rd Gen., with the Ethernet option) and installed it in my living room, replacing the old ATV HD, which I moved to my bedroom. In the bedroom I don't have any Ethernet cables so I switched the ATV HD's  network setting to use a WiFi connection, instead. Kodi 19.5 was still installed on the ATV HD when it was switched to the WiFi connection in my bedroom.

However, the first time I used Kodi after the move, its menus all went completely blank... something which had never happened before. I was able to get them back by using my ATV remote to navigate to where I knew Kodi's Exit button was located and, after Kodi had quit I relaunched it  and got the menus back... briefly. After a while, though, the menus blanked-out again and I had to repeat the exit/restart routine to get them back.

Thus far, I've tried completely removing Kodi from that ATV HD and re-installing a fresh copy of 19.5, but that showed the the menu-blanking behavior as before (even in the default skin, Estouchy; previously I'd used Confluence). And, lastly, I've tried completely removing 19.5 and installing the current release of 20.0, but that still had the menu-blanking behavior.

I haven't read anything about ATV WiFi causing an issue with Kodi that ATV Ethernet doesn't...   although I did discover a similar menu-blanking problem people were having awhile back related to having multiple user Profiles configured.  But I've never used Profiles in Kodi so I don't think that's my culprit. And my WiFi-6 is pretty fast, even in the bedroom I get about 350 Mbps downloads, so I don't suspect network speeds, either.

BTW: Kodi 20 on my new ATV 4K (Ethernet) works great. No disappearing menus or anything Smile
sounds quite unlikely that wifi has anything to do with that as menus aren't fetched over network Smile

glad that you found a solution!
I didn't find a solution to Kodi's blanked-out menu problem on my ATV HD. I did mention that I'm not having any issue with Kodi 20.0 on my new ATV 4K. But on the ATV HD, Kodi 20.0's menus are blanked-out from the get-go at every launch, and Kodi 19.5's menus are fine at initial launch but they blank-out as soon as I return to Kodi home screen after viewing any video on my NAS drive.

I never had a problem with any version of Kodi on that ATV HD before and, yeah, I agree that the WiFi isn't the issue there. More than likely is that I moved it and it's now connected to a different TV, which is only 720p rather than the 1080p TV it had been using. There are some instructions online on how to change Kodi's home screen resolution but I don't see those commands under either Kodi 19.5 or 20.0.
I wouldn't get my hopes up here, since support and bug fixes for this platform (AppleTV 4k) are almost non-existent. It is obvious that the developers do not have the appropriate hardware. 

Too bad I love Kodi on the AppleTV
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
(2023-01-28, 13:24)guibaa Wrote: I wouldn't get my hopes up here, since support and bug fixes for this platform (AppleTV 4k) are almost non-existent. It is obvious that the developers do not have the appropriate hardware. 

Too bad I love Kodi on the AppleTV

this is a friendly warning for you to stop throwing your 5 cents in every thread that don't help in any way
Understood, just like your answers then.
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.5 suddenly blanks menus on WiFi AppleTV HD (4th Gen)0