Access to Local Hard Disk on XBox One
So I cannot seem to get a clear answer to my question.
I see folks discussing how Kodi can access a NFS share on PC, or access an external USB. I don't care about that.

This is what I want to do
- Copy Files to my XBox One internal Hard Disk. How do I do that? Can I FTP to it just like I can to a modded XBox OG? Or can I load my files on USB and then plug it in to my XBox One and copy them over to my internal Hard Disk?
- Can I add Music and Video files which reside on my internal Hard Disk to Kodi?

Basically I want to use XBox One with Kodi just like I used XBMC with XBox OG - as a standalone disconnected media client which can play my media on the internal Hard Disk.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not familiar with the Xbox's filing capabilities, but Kodi has an internal File Manager. You can use that too to copy & move files to and from locations.
(2023-01-29, 08:50)Klojum Wrote: I'm not familiar with the Xbox's filing capabilities, but Kodi has an internal File Manager. You can use that too to copy & move files to and from locations.
Yes, I am aware Kodi has a File Manager. What I am asking is - if some folks are having trouble accessing external USB drive folders, is there any issue for Kodi to be able to access internal hard disk folders? Only if Kodi is able to see Internal Disk folders will it even be possible to first, copy to it, and second play from it. It would be good to confirm before I shell out cash for an XBox One.
If you're buying just for Kodi then I'd look into something else personally.
(2023-01-29, 17:30)Hitcher Wrote: If you're buying just for Kodi then I'd look into something else personally.
With the utmost of respect...
I want a BluRay player AND I want a standalone media player with a large internal Hard Disk.
The same reason I have a XBox OG, the same reason I want this.
IMO, XBox One to me is the best option for the price IFF someone answers my question in the affirmative.
Now I am open to hear any alternate suggestions (like a mac mini) but I want a device that turns on instantly.
@rashid420
XBox One runs hypervisor OS. Each application runs inside a virtualised Win10 sandbox, so you cannot access the internal harddisk from an application. Each application gets a slice of the internal harddisk as a virtual hardddisk and that is around 10GB. You cannot use XBox One like the XBox OG which simply ran a stripped down windows2000
You cannot access the blu-ray drive from Kodi either, you have to use the native Xbox Blu-ray player.

You may have better luck running LibreElec on a HTPC build with a large internal harddisk and blu-ray drive. LibreElec boots from shutdown typically ten times faster than my Xbox booting from shutdown.
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
@gujal thank you for that explanation. I don't care about Kodi accessing bluray drive. However not being able to access internal hard drive is a bummer  Sad
Very upsetting actually. I even found there is an Adv File Explorer application that lets you copy files from USB to the Internal Hard Drive.
One question. While not ideal I am seeing posts that say Kodi is able to access external HD connected as USB. Would  you be able to verify this? If so, I could "deal" with this.
(2023-01-30, 01:04)rashid420 Wrote: I am seeing posts that say Kodi is able to access external HD connected as USB.
Yes Kodi can see USB drives.
(2023-01-30, 01:58)Hitcher Wrote:
(2023-01-30, 01:04)rashid420 Wrote: I am seeing posts that say Kodi is able to access external HD connected as USB.
Yes Kodi can see USB drives.
Okay. That is something. Now if only I could map Internal Drive Folder as NFS Share I could access it within Kodi Big Grin
I really don't know why Microsoft did this. Very sadistic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access to Local Hard Disk on XBox One0