Best/Most reliable Satellite receiver?
Hi All
Having just had a not too good experience with a recently purchased, little used Hauppauge Nova-S2 which has died.
I am wondering what other options there are "out there"
Recommendations
Please
NextPVR on Pi4 + Librelec +  X2 Hauppauge Nova-S2
Recorded media stored on Pi4+Argon+NVMe
Playback via Kodi on Pi4 + HiFiBerry amp X2
plus Kodi installed on Android on Sony TV's

Thread moved to peripheral hardware support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This is a great device with 4 tuners over satip to use with Tvheadend as backend . All Kodi clients can axess tv/recordings

https://telestar.de/produkt/digibit-r1/
I'm in the UK and use a Engima2 based receiver as my daily driver on Kodi for watching normal free-to-air TV.
I've tried a whole manner of capture cards and backend server's over the years with Kodi, but my Engima2 box has by far always been the best performer.
Channel switches are super fast. No issues with recording playback either.
The brand of Enigma2 box I actually use is a Zgemma H7S. Triple tuner (2 x DVB-S2X + 1 x DVB-T2/C) and 1TB hard drive.
Mine has been rock solid for nearly 5 years now.
I guess it also depends on your own geo location as well.
To say this post has me surprised is an understatement.
I bought a H7s 18 month ago to run kodi and live tv via IPTV . Had to sell it straight away , iptv was fine using enigma side, kodi barely loaded and when it did it  was so unstable , slow , was unusable.
So I bought a better box Gigablue UHD trio 4K , after seeking advice on various E2 forums. Result was just as bad kodi was barely usable with estuary and came to a virtual standstill with any heavier skins. 
Had to sell that box as well.
Other than the expensive VU and other german boxes most opinions I received from experienced users are that E2 is not for kodi and vice versa ?
I've had a TBS 6982 DVB-S2 card in my PC for about 7 or 8 years now.  Runs with TVHeadend, never had an issue with it.  There is a later model of it here
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@DarrenHill. Apologies for posting in the wrong place and thanks for moving.
@Jönke @Dumyat @ontap Thank you. Amazon have agreed a return/replace so I'll keep going with the NovaS-2 for now

@black_eagle. Should have mentioned I am using a RPi - so need external device but thank you

I think the Nova-S is ok, you just need a reliable backend.  Probably the RPi and drivers is your weak link not the tuner.

Martin
(2023-01-31, 00:30)emveepee Wrote: I think the Nova-S is ok, you just need a reliable backend.  Probably the RPi and drivers is your weak link not the tuner.

Martin
@emveepee Thankyou.
It's early days yet but all now seems to be working OK on the Pi4/drivers front. Particularly as I am now running NextPVR on Librelec.
Still struggling a bit with other things as my post re playback delays reveals (showthread.php?tid=371817)

I run a Kathrein 8 tuner SAT>IP box - works very well for me with TV Headend (I feed it from a Unicable II system via a single IF cable).  Have also had good experiences with the 4-tuner Telestar DigiBit (though I used the sataxe third party firmware)

I used to use TBS cards in a PC - but since SAT>IP tuners came along it's easier to just have tuners on the network.  As others have said - another option is to use an Enigma receiver and configure it to be a SAT>IP tuner.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best/Most reliable Satellite receiver?0