Managing Personal movies
I have some personal movies. What I am looking for are some tutos or ideas to know the best way to mamange them with Kodi Aeon Mq8.
Some idea ,
Brick 
Hola,
You can always use nfo files, make sure to activate movie sets:
Settings>Media Settings>Media>Videos>Show movie sets
Here is a simple example of what the file could look like:
xml:
<movie>
   <title>Katerina Cumpleaños</title>
   <genre>Home Movies</genre>
   <set>
            <name>Home Movies Collection</name>
            <overview>Películas familiares</overview>
  </set>
   <year>2000</year>
   <outline>Katerinita celebra su primer cumpleaños.</outline>
   <plot>Katerinita celebra su primer cumpleaños en compañía de la familia.</plot>
</movie>

look at https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files for information.
If you find updated information, please post it here so more people benefit.
P.S. Moderators, can you please move the thread to correct support area? I believe it is not an skin issue but more of a general support question.
Thank you, saludos!
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus, Aeon MQ 7 Matrix & Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
@Gilogo

The set tag in your example is incorrect. It should be...
xml:
<set>
<name>Divergent Collection</name>
<overview>A series of dystopian science fiction action films based on the Divergent novels by the American author Veronica Roth.</overview>
</set>

Also, you could add home movies as a TV Show, and each season could represent a different type of function - Season 1- Birthdays, Season 2- Christmas, Season 3- Weddings etc
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen 
Great, thank you! post updated, please let us know if you find more corrections.
Have a great day!
ECE, MCS.
I use Media Companion on windows (it's a .net managed app) to manage "home movies" (really, any video that is not scraped).  It creates a pro forma nfo file with a form input to add details, and the ability to take frame grabs to set as fanart and poster.

You can use source folder paths, sets, genre, or tags to create filters for display in Kodi.

I have been playing around with script.extendedinfo as a way to provide more details for "home movies".  What I have been doing in the past is editing the movie "plot" (outside of Kodi) to provide some structured details about the "actors".  Now I wrote a parser that reads the plot out of Kodi movie.nfo files and gets the "actor" info into a local sqlite database.  I create an "actor_info" folder tree sort of like what Kodi does for music artists.  I can then export "actor.nfo" files into the actor_info folder tree, along with actor art (right now, just posters).  Extendedinfo can read my actor_info.db or the nfo files and append the results to tmdb actor query results, or if no tmdb just display my local data.  But it is kind of unique to the way I structured my actor info in the movie plots.  I would need to generalize it to make it publicly useful.  Probably need something like Qt to create a database entry form GUI that could be used to update the database instead of relying on structured plot.  Any way the idea is to do something like Kodi music artists.  It would also allow for actor arttypes instead of current single thumb as poster.  I also have a context menu item for actors and directors library nodes that launches extendedinfo to provide something like an "artistinfo dialog" except for actors or directors.  I develop it for my MQ5 mod, but really would be applicable for any skin.

scott s.
Hi, Scott, been learning Media Companion, it seems to be a great tool!
If I run into any questions, I will pick your brain.
As always, thank you so much!
ECE, MCS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing Personal movies0