Kodi on Shield 2019 - Problem with Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 audio passthrough
Hi,

Kodi on Shield 2019 - I am facing a problem with Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 audio passthrough - my receiver (Denon 4500) does not receive any signal. It works ok (but with audio reduced to 2 channels only) if I disable the Audio Passthrough, then the sound comes out ok.

I would like to reinforce that all the other sound types/codes I've tried so far (DTS-X, Dolby Atmos TrueHD, IMAX Enhanced, Dolby Digital Plus 5.1) work just fine.

Here are the logs:
With the 'Audio Passthrough' option enabled: https://paste.kodi.tv/umesuyirix 
With the 'Audio Passthrough' option disabled: https://paste.kodi.tv/iqatidigud

Thanks
Gilson
No Debug Log no issue.

And as there are plenty of different DD Plus Formats - I sadly cannot tell you if this one respectively is supported or not. If in doubt of kodi's IEC Packer. Try switching the Sink to RAW (in the settings of kodi). That way we don't touch the DD+ but rather let Android handle it.
Don't forget to switch it back to IEC afterwards as RAW has more limitations. Additionally: I hope you don't connect via your TV but straight to the AVR.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-02-01, 17:15)fritsch Wrote: No Debug Log no issue.

And as there are plenty of different DD Plus Formats - I sadly cannot tell you if this one respectively is supported or not. If in doubt of kodi's IEC Packer. Try switching the Sink to RAW (in the settings of kodi). That way we don't touch the DD+ but rather let Android handle it.
Don't forget to switch it back to IEC afterwards as RAW has more limitations. Additionally: I hope you don't connect via your TV but straight to the AVR.

I will try to get the debug info soon.
I switched to RAW, it worked, however the sound skips noises every 5 seconds.
(2023-02-01, 17:15)fritsch Wrote: No Debug Log no issue.

@fritsch - here are the logs:
There is more than one issue in your log ... If you can, cut a sample and upload it somehwere: ffmpeg -i yourfile -t 30 -c:v copy -c:a copy -strict experimental 30secondcut.mkv
Also playing for this googleshare chokes ... a lot, even in the PCM output version ...

You say: "2 channels only" -> if you are connected to the AVR through ARC, please change that ... and what you describe exactly suggests that you do it like that.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-02-01, 18:31)fritsch Wrote: There is more than one issue in your log ... If you can, cut a sample and upload it somehwere: ffmpeg -i yourfile -t 30 -c:v copy -c:a copy -strict experimental 30secondcut.mkv
Also playing for this googleshare chokes ... a lot, even in the PCM output version ...

You say: "2 channels only" -> if you are connected to the AVR through ARC, please change that ... and what you describe exactly suggests that you do it like that.

@fritsch 

Please find the sample files. I hope they can help debug the issue: I am not using ARC at all: the Shield TV is connected directly to the AVR using a HDMI cable.
Thanks got them. Will test when TV is empty.
Thanks very much. I have another sample from some years back that exposes the same issue. Also 7.1 - I think our packer / and btw. also Android's Packer is not yet able to properly create IEC frames it. So nothing new, but in general not great. Will be added to the very long todo list.
Same problem here... Please fix.
(2023-02-01, 21:22)fritsch Wrote: Thanks very much. I have another sample from some years back that exposes the same issue. Also 7.1 - I think our packer / and btw. also Android's Packer is not yet able to properly create IEC frames it. So nothing new, but in general not great. Will be added to the very long todo list.

Hi @fritsch - any news on this one? Thank you!
Nope - none from my side. Busy with real life and work. What about you? Time to contribute?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Shield 2019 - Problem with Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 audio passthrough0