NUC11 not supported any more?
Hi,
I've been using kodi/LE since it was available (long ago).
I am posting here, since believe that the actual handling of video/audio kernel drivers originates here before being merged into Libreelec .
Also the issues I have also occur when using Kodi e.g. on windows or linux.

The main setup used a (now ancient nuc5) connected to TV via hdmi and to a receiver via dp. Th use case is 95% all on tv. The rare occasional music recording or even rarer movie worth the hassle will use passthrough audio to the receiver, which is otherwise off.
I also can watch 4k UHD TV (via a dedicated tvserver running tvheadend). This setup works in LE10 and also 11

I recently update to a nuc11 because the old nuc5 really struggles/choppy on 4k and the setup works on LE10.

On LE 11 however things are weird.
1. Only one video interface offered (I can't select from the 2 attached).
2. UHD live TV doesn't work, screen remains dark, spinning wheel (some else described this for some other reasons)
3. if I record the tv channel that I can't watch live--- that recording plays nicely.
4. Also, interestingly, live tv using http instead of htsp does play, but then there's no time-shift. Not an option.

This is also true if I use the now released KODI either windows or Linux on the nuc11.

Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Thx
(2023-02-02, 00:05)yamcenutzer Wrote: the actual handling of video/audio kernel drivers originates here

NUC-5 = Intel® Core™ i5-5250U from 2015. That's not that old. Intel chipsets/GPUs are in general well-supported under Linux OSes.
I have a laptop with that chipset (typing on it now), that runs Ubuntu Linux 20.04 and runs Kodi Nexus fine as far as I can tell.

(2023-02-02, 00:05)yamcenutzer Wrote: Am I missing something?

Maybe, maybe not.

LibreELEC does use its own grabbed combined set of drivers, and the same happens in Windows. So things can be tricky in every situation. I recommend you still also check on the LibreELEC forum about this, since this is their Kodi 'package'.
I'm running LibreELEC (10.0.0.4) on a NUC12WSKi7 and not having any issues.  It was a fresh install of LE.
(2023-02-02, 19:57)kelavine Wrote: I'm running LibreELEC (10.0.0.4)

I think your long hibernation from 2016 onwards may have created some confusion.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 is probably what you mean.
You are correct.
yes, libreelec 10 is ok for me too (lacks HDR of course).
I was just kind of disappointed, that le 11 has a such massive regression as to make it unusable for actual home cinema use in a configuartion a bit more advanced than the 50€ class arm/amlogic devices.
Which is why I'm hoping that I might have missed some configuration or at least to hear it is still being worked on.
Over at the LE forum I got no answers in a week, but I guess I'll need to wait.
It's unlikely given your description of the issues, but have you updated the BIOS at all?

I mention it as I had several issues with video and hd audio until I did this on a NUC11PAHi70, if you haven't updated the BIOS then check the Intel website to see if there's an update for your specific model, for example for some of the Intel g11 there's this update https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...gl357.html
For Linux systems the F7 BIOS update method can be used.

I'd also suggest using the HDMI 2 connector since I'm led to believe that's the native HDMI 2.0b one, whereas the HDMI 1 is DP1.4 converted to HDMI 2.0b (might depend on your exact model).
Bios is updated, 
I use the hdmi for direct connection to a 4k capable tv,
and the dp to my receiver (which is older, so only 1920p, but I only use it for audio), and it is only used, when better audio is desired (admittedly rarely).
This works in kodi/LE10, It also works on the old NUC5 in kodi/LE10 AND LE11, although the nuc5 does struggle with 4k.

It Does NOT work  for kodi/LE11 for new NUC11, the second display/audio, when enabled, is not detected properly, 
Also, for no obvious reason, UHD TV does not display in live tv mode (tvheadend client). 

So my conclusion:  kodi nexus, LE11 broke support for NUC11.
I also have had no luck getting 4K HDR playback with libreelec on my nuc11tnki3. Ultimately, the best i could do in 4k was 8-bit video/color, and it was still choppy and poorly performing. Not nearly as good as my several year old odroid commodity device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NUC11 not supported any more?0