v19 kodi v19.4 blackscreen on raspbian 64-bit
I did a 'sudo apt full-upgrade'. After that starting kodi only shows black screen on my TV (hdmi connection).

I've also reinstalled kodi and the issue persists.

I do not intend to reinstall the os since I've got some services set up that would take me a day or so to setup again.

running kodi-standalone gives the following errors and a blackscreen (signal is present, but only with complete blackness)

```
$ kodi-standalone
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
```

Any help is appreciated.
Are you running in GUI mode with a desktop environment. I'd run sudo raspbi-config and change the video driver to see if it fixes the problem.
Could you point me where I can change the driver settings? I tried rasp-config and couldn't find anything related.

I've tried starting kodi both from desktop and command line and neither works. And I've also discovered that the output resolution is 640x480 and with complete blackness.
Post a debug enabled log after running kodi.
Here's the debug log: https://paste.kodi.tv/erebiqotap.kodi
The debug log only shows
Code:
2023-02-07 08:52:20.264 T:8866 INFO <general>: Found resolution 640x480 with 640x480 @ 60.000000 Hz

That suggests an inability to read the edid of the display.

Before you launch kodi are you running from desktop or console?
What resolution is it?

Can you run "raspinfo |pastebinit" (before running kodi) and report the URL?
I tried both. I believe the resolution is 2k before starting kodi.

Here's the output of raspinfo (before starting kodi):

https://paste.kodi.tv/venaguzapu

After running kodi. The output of raspinfo shows the resolution is 640x480
Are you running with two monitors?
It looks like you have a correctly reporting monitor on second hdmi port (supporting up to 1920x1080),
but a questionable display on primary hdmi port (only 640x480).

Can you boot with just one monitor connected to the primary hdmi port (the one closest to power connector, labelled HDMI0).
that’s weird, i only have one hdmi cable connected to the pi
i vaguely remember changing some settings related to the displays for vnc to work on separate displays. it could be related.

I switched onto another hdmi port and now it works properly. many thanks for your help!
Ah - from log:
Code:
hdmi_force_hotplug:0=1

You are (in config.txt) saying that a display is connected (to first port), but as no edid is available it defaults to 640x480.
You are connecting a real display on second hdmi port, which has an edid and supports up to 1920x1080.

Kodi sees two displays connected and picks the first (non-existant) one.

Removing the force_hotplug=1 line would probably also fix it. But in general when using one display connect to the first port.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi v19.4 blackscreen on raspbian 64-bit0