Recording and timeshift
Am I right that Kodi provides time-shifting for a stream passed to Kodi but the job of recording anything belongs to the addon?

I see all of calls that Kodi makes to the addon about recordings which seems to suggest that Kodi interrogates the addon about how many etc.
Kodi PVR only provides the documented API's.   For the ones you comment it depends  OpenLiveStream() and OpenRecordingStream() are not traditional streams  the addon must follow the API spec, simple streaming won't work.  You can also tell PVR not to use these with GetChannelStreamProperties() and use more traditional streaming like pvr.iptvsimple does with inputstream protocols, and build your own timeshifting.

Yes, actual recording would be the task of the add-on

Typically the add-on communications with a backend in another protocal. but it doesn't have to.

Martin
Ok thanks.  I am reading the API but it is just doxygen which is understandable.  There doesn't appear to be anything on the wiki that describes the overall structure.  After digging into the API a bit I think that I'm starting to understand what Kodi does and doesn't do.

Those two function calls that you mentioned are they Kodi calls?
I just found that Openlivestream() is a Kodi call.
Before posting best to read and understand https://xbmc.github.io/docs.kodi.tv/mast...__pvr.html along with some existing addons

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording and timeshift0