NextPVR Not Working
I recently upgraded to Kodi 20. I was on a very old version previously that was working well with my NextPVR client. When I upgraded Kodi, I removed all add-ons to ensure the new version of the program would load. 

I then upgraded my NextPVR to the newest version 6.1.1.221106.

When I go to Kodi and add the NextPVR add-on, Kodi crashes. I have to delete the add-on folder from Kodi'a AppData folder to get Kodi to function again.  

Any suggestions?
@mjloocas

So it sounds like you installed the new version of Kodi over the top of your existing install. Is that correct?

Can you provide a Debug Log that captures the crash, thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I eventually figured things out. It was in the "access" settings of the NextPVR backend. It's working now. Thanks!
Glad you got it sorted out, it would have been nice to see the debug logs since the access settings in NextPVR wouldn't make a difference and even then unavailability of the server would not normally have caused a crash.  Providing logs is useful for others too.

Martin
I ran into the same problem (I think):
  • NextPVR server version: 6.1.1.221106 (Debian Linux)
  • Kodi 20.0 (Android)
  • NextPVR PVR client 20.4.0 (Android)
If the access PIN (server: Access - Application Access - PIN Code, PVR client: connection - NextPVR PIN Code) doesn´t match, NextPVR PVR client can´t be enabled and gives a confusing error message about "dependencies not met" if you try to enable the client.
@siradlib Without logs there are no problems. 

Martin
(2023-02-06, 00:51)Karellen Wrote: @mjloocas

So it sounds like you installed the new version of Kodi over the top of your existing install. Is that correct?

Can you provide a Debug Log that captures the crash, thanks.
Hi, I'm on the same boat as @mjloocas , NextPVR does not work on my Kodi 20.1 setup (running on Nvidia Shield 2017 Pro). In fact, I cannot enable this add-on, because Kodi shows the following error message: "The add-on could not be loaded" (more or less). Full debug log with PVR component logging enabled is below:
https://paste.kodi.tv/zolekazase

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Regards.
It's not going to be the same error the addon is getting disabled because of this

2023-04-02 18:43:06.729 T:25385 debug <general>: CurlFile::Open - <http://127.0.0.1:8866/service?method=session.initiate&ver=1.0&device=xbmc>

You need to got intto setting and enter the IP or hosthame of the backend.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR Not Working0