• 20(current)
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread
Great release! Still buggy, but it's less buggy than Aeon.
XBDD Wrote:Me to. Can't wait!

hahaha... pitty i can't work on it 24-7... but yeah, waiting is a problem...
rectifier Wrote:Finally got an account. Happy to say that I've been through many skins, but this one is far the best xbmc skin.

I know this a mod, but since day 1, it's been heading in exactly the right direction, unlike it's father skin. No other skin has as much to offer in my opinion. Not too impressed with the progress been made on aeon stark at the moment, but don't get me wrong, it'll be hard to beat when it comes out. One the other hand, this skin has been developed in exactly the right environment.

Firstly, reading this thread, user input is of the utmost importance. The first release was very stable and ultra-usable, with most of the incomplete features in aeon being available and done just right (how does a skin get such an amazing reputation without a working osd). Secondly, in my opinion, many old features have been revamped based on user input, which is really important. More...

WOW... great to hear man... i much appreciate it... it is time consuming working on it, but it's well worth knowing I'm making the most of AEON, my fave skin on XBMC. And, user input is really important, because, even though i don't use most of the stuff that ends up not working properly, i may just use it one day, and i'd like it to work when that day comes... plus, i take it, lots of people like aeon like me, and can't stand the fact that so many things just don't work, or partially work. Nice to correct that issue.

But anyways, thanks for those comments... nice to know someone appreciates the time spent on this project. Thanks a lot and i hope you like the next release.
six_storm Wrote:Great release! Still buggy, but it's less buggy than Aeon.

thanks, and don't forget... tell me about the bugs so i can figure out what to do with them... l8r
xb2iris Wrote:thanks, and don't forget... tell me about the bugs so i can figure out what to do with them... l8r

Sure thing. Here's what I got:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4050e 2.1GHz
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H w/ATI 780G Chipset
WD 74G Raptor
WD 500GB HDD
ASUS DVD-ROM
CoolerMaster 500Watt PSU
Windows Vista Home Premium

Let's say if I leave it on for an hour or two, then come back to either play music or an AVI video file, the PC with either freeze or I get a black screen (XBMC will crash). Aeon made XBMC crash more often for me, but Horizonz doesn't do it as much. And I'm sure this is shallow info for you, I guess it's good to let you know about it though.
six_storm Wrote:Sure thing. Here's what I got:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4050e 2.1GHz
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H w/ATI 780G Chipset
WD 74G Raptor
WD 500GB HDD
ASUS DVD-ROM
CoolerMaster 500Watt PSU
Windows Vista Home Premium

Let's say if I leave it on for an hour or two, then come back to either play music or an AVI video file, the PC with either freeze or I get a black screen (XBMC will crash). Aeon made XBMC crash more often for me, but Horizonz doesn't do it as much. And I'm sure this is shallow info for you, I guess it's good to let you know about it though.

good 2 know... not sure whats going on with that... i know that happens on my mates xbox, but it happens on pm3 and other skins for him as well... not sure what the issue is... lets just say... check ur debug info... sometimes xbmc has memory leaks that cause that... my htpc froze an age ago, and i checked my debug info and solved the issue... had nothing to with mediastream, even though i thought it did at first... hope u can figure it out because it's a shame...
After being all happy with Horizonz, I just found out it was missing something crucial. Being a Dutchman I'm used to watching movies with subtitles. These subtitles are not always in sync and by watching the counter in xbmc's OSD and the program "timeadjuster" I'm always able to get this corrected....

Xb2iris: can you please bring it back?
Hi,

first, let me thank you for an amazing mod of the AEON skin. I have one issue though that Iäm unable to solve. When I click on TV Shows or Movies, the default background is shown (the black/grey one that is provided with your mod) and not the one that I have selected.

The selected background works fine in the home menu, but it returns to the default when I go into Movies or TV Shows.

The strange thing is that this only is a problem when I am using the Showcase or Info view. I have changed both the default image and folder in setting. (The Fanart is showing correctly btw)
With AVI movies, how do you get custom poster art to show up? For example, if I go under "TV Shows" and I have a folder for "Entourage Season 4" (with custom poster art jpg in the folder), why does it not show up?

Here is another similar question: How can I make the actual AVIs have custom poster art like this screenie:

EDIT: I figured the "Media Bar" question out. Sorry.

Also, how can you move the "Media Bar" (Movies, Music, etc) from the middle of the screen to the lower part of the screen?

frater Wrote:After being all happy with Horizonz, I just found out it was missing something crucial. Being a Dutchman I'm used to watching movies with subtitles. These subtitles are not always in sync and by watching the counter in xbmc's OSD and the program "timeadjuster" I'm always able to get this corrected....

Xb2iris: can you please bring it back?

you talking about the progress bar and time infomation right? coz that's back in for the next release
PinkMargera Wrote:Hi,

first, let me thank you for an amazing mod of the AEON skin. I have one issue though that Iäm unable to solve. When I click on TV Shows or Movies, the default background is shown (the black/grey one that is provided with your mod) and not the one that I have selected.

The selected background works fine in the home menu, but it returns to the default when I go into Movies or TV Shows.

The strange thing is that this only is a problem when I am using the Showcase or Info view. I have changed both the default image and folder in setting. (The Fanart is showing correctly btw)

there's an option which enables backdrop cycling in the showcase views... it's in the aeon settings->features section... disable that option and backdrop cycling will work in the showcase view... info view won't change though... but that option will work for both showcase and info views in the next release...
six_storm Wrote:With AVI movies, how do you get custom poster art to show up? For example, if I go under "TV Shows" and I have a folder for "Entourage Season 4" (with custom poster art jpg in the folder), why does it not show up?

Here is another similar question: How can I make the actual AVIs have custom poster art like this screenie:

EDIT: I figured the "Media Bar" question out. Sorry.

Also, how can you move the "Media Bar" (Movies, Music, etc) from the middle of the screen to the lower part of the screen?

those aren't pics from my mod, but i'll help u anyways... for the first question... by poster art, are we referring to the pictures of the poster covers or fanart? both can be manually changed by using the info button and pressing either the "get thumb" or "get fanart" and assigning which ever image you want to it... that's for tv shows...

for the second question... custom poster art for movies... same as above, except if you want the fanart to work for movies, u need to rename the jpg file as follows...

movie.avi - where movie is the name of the movie
movie-fanart.jpg - where movie is the same name as above

for the third question... to get the scroller bar to the bottom of the screen... go to aeon settings and chose the "lower home screen position" option from the Home Screen section.

Hope these help...
Well I really had no idea what I was doing, but I decided to mess with the Adult/Clips poster view not working, since that's what I use for kids and anime.. ( and I'm impatient and like to know how things work) and it just looked like it was completely missing in the poster section of CommonContent.xml. Made a few guesses and Poster view is now working for me again..

Now I'm happy Big Grin
Everything in XBMC is translated, except the main menu. This seems to be an issue with Aeon/Horizonz, since menus in other skins are translated.

Would it be possible to add translations for the menu in the next version of your (fantastic!) mod?
Tension113 Wrote:Well I really had no idea what I was doing, but I decided to mess with the Adult/Clips poster view not working, since that's what I use for kids and anime.. ( and I'm impatient and like to know how things work) and it just looked like it was completely missing in the poster section of CommonContent.xml. Made a few guesses and Poster view is now working for me again..

Now I'm happy Big Grin

Well done... well done... would have sorted that out if i didn't have to do so many other things... but good on you for doing the coding and all that... i remember how scarry it was opening one of these xml files for the first time... and now, ages later, horizonz is something i can be proud of... all the extra sections will be sorted at a later stage though...

markiz Wrote:Everything in XBMC is translated, except the main menu. This seems to be an issue with Aeon/Horizonz, since menus in other skins are translated.

Would it be possible to add translations for the menu in the next version of your (fantastic!) mod?

no idea what that means... but i'll look into it... it may be something that needs to be added manually... so i'll look into it for you, and yes, if i final a solution... it'll be in the next release...
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread4