• 10(current)
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread
picodegiao Wrote:You should be able to extract them with XPRExpress. I forgot where I got it, but just search for it.

http://blackbolt.x-scene.com/?p=tools
Please excuse the newb question, but how do I get the cover art for the games as shown in the screenshot in the first page? I know there are scrapers for the movies and TV shows, but how do I get game cover arts? Thanks!
superludox Wrote:Bravo ! great (artistic) work...

Well I would like to know how I can add the music "library" views to the music "file" view ? Indeed, the file mode for music has only wall and roller.
As I don't like using libraries...

thanx Wink
Ludo

Nobody ? It must be so easy for you xml masters...
Thanx
xb2iris I just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to the next release, thanks for all your hard work!

While you're taking requests, I figured it would be a good time to mention some things that Aeon doesn't have that other skins do (and the reasons why I don't use Aeon yet):

a) codec info during video playback
b) audio menu during video playback
c) info screen during video playback (to check playtime without pausing)
d) cast pictures in movie info dialog cast list (it just shows the names)
e) cast search results when clicking on cast member in movie info dialog

(a) and (b) have been mentioned... do you think the other 3 are worth working on and within the realm of your mod? Those 5 things would really improve Aeon's usability (for me, at least), and your great added view types Horizonz would make for an even more fantastic skin!
JohnnyVolcano Wrote:Please excuse the newb question, but how do I get the cover art for the games as shown in the screenshot in the first page? I know there are scrapers for the movies and TV shows, but how do I get game cover arts? Thanks!

well... u need to download the covers somewhere first on all... cdcovers.cc is a good site... then u need to crop the images into a square shape (whatever size u want)... and then u need to create shortcuts (cut files) to ur games and specify within them where u've stored ur cover images... it's a hand full, but if u want a nice collection... u gotta put the time in...

for detailed information, search for "shortcuts" in the wiki/support section of this site!
xb2iris Wrote:well... u need to download the covers somewhere first on all... cdcovers.cc is a good site... then u need to crop the images into a square shape (whatever size u want)... and then u need to create shortcuts (cut files) to ur games and specify within them where u've stored ur cover images... it's a hand full, but if u want a nice collection... u gotta put the time in...

for detailed information, search for "shortcuts" in the wiki/support section of this site!

Many thanks for the help and the great skin Smile
xb2iris Wrote:that's why i included the other showcase view

sorry if I'm being really dim but how do I choose this showcase view rather than the default?

Cheers
jaytyler Wrote:sorry if I'm being really dim but how do I choose this showcase view rather than the default?

Cheers

I believe he's referring to the new library display mode called Info mode. It displays the movie's fanart background as you cycle through movies.

Great work on the skin, it definitely adds a lot to the Aeon skin. I know you mentioned it as a matter of preference but like some other people in the thread, I do miss having the idle fanart background transitions in the library views for TV & Movies instead of the single gray background. I notice that behaviour is still implemented in the files mode however. Would it be difficult to put that behaviour back in for the TV & Movies library modes?
Great work xb2iris Smile .

How do i get this skin to show fanart for music? For movies the fanart gets set in library view, and in files view it can be defaulted to use a fanart.jpg if existent in the same folder. Is it the same way for artists, i.e. I have to manually add a fanart in library mode, while in file mode it will use a fanart.jpg in the folder.

Thank you for your time and effort, this mod/skin is looking great.
Really love this skin and it's now set to default and looks just perfect. One thing I can't seem to grasp is how do you make it so you don't get fan-art backdrops? As far as I can tell all the options are set to no but when I scan a TV show from tv.db I always get a fan-art backdrop (e.g x:files) which I don't want but I do want the info and the episode thumbs. I'm using file view btw (never could get the hang of library mode). I've just done a complete fresh install using this version of Aeon and the latest t3ch build as well.
midgetspy Wrote:xb2iris I just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to the next release, thanks for all your hard work!

While you're taking requests, I figured it would be a good time to mention some things that Aeon doesn't have that other skins do (and the reasons why I don't use Aeon yet):

a) codec info during video playback
b) audio menu during video playback
c) info screen during video playback (to check playtime without pausing)
d) cast pictures in movie info dialog cast list (it just shows the names)
e) cast search results when clicking on cast member in movie info dialog

(a) and (b) have been mentioned... do you think the other 3 are worth working on and within the realm of your mod? Those 5 things would really improve Aeon's usability (for me, at least), and your great added view types Horizonz would make for an even more fantastic skin!

(a), (b) and © are going to be in the next release... (d) could be done, but it's not priority right now, but it will be done, so hang in there... (e)... no idea... never even new u could do that... i'll look into it when (d) happens... don't think it'd be done soon though... first want to get the mod working well before i deal with those ones... l8r
Newtie Wrote:I believe he's referring to the new library display mode called Info mode. It displays the movie's fanart background as you cycle through movies.

Great work on the skin, it definitely adds a lot to the Aeon skin. I know you mentioned it as a matter of preference but like some other people in the thread, I do miss having the idle fanart background transitions in the library views for TV & Movies instead of the single gray background. I notice that behaviour is still implemented in the files mode however. Would it be difficult to put that behaviour back in for the TV & Movies library modes?

Will be next release... hang in there
Ninjamawwe Wrote:Great work xb2iris Smile .

How do i get this skin to show fanart for music? For movies the fanart gets set in library view, and in files view it can be defaulted to use a fanart.jpg if existent in the same folder. Is it the same way for artists, i.e. I have to manually add a fanart in library mode, while in file mode it will use a fanart.jpg in the folder.

Thank you for your time and effort, this mod/skin is looking great.

not possible as of yet... a request has been put in for that feature, but because xbmc is currently in a feature freeze, it'll only be done when atlantis final is released... which may be a while
yadster Wrote:Really love this skin and it's now set to default and looks just perfect. One thing I can't seem to grasp is how do you make it so you don't get fan-art backdrops? As far as I can tell all the options are set to no but when I scan a TV show from tv.db I always get a fan-art backdrop (e.g x:files) which I don't want but I do want the info and the episode thumbs. I'm using file view btw (never could get the hang of library mode). I've just done a complete fresh install using this version of Aeon and the latest t3ch build as well.

does it work in the original aeon... don't think i've edited anything to do with that just yet... let me know... maybe i messed something up along the modding way...
Since I'm spending most of my free time making this mod better and better... anyone by any chance feel like a challenge... would like someone to create a backpack with only the best, stunningest backdrops, which compliments this Mod (i.e maybe one that looks good with the new dark home scroller), with a few backdrops for every sub section... i mean, only the highest quality, coolest pictures... maybe through in a few really hard to find pictures which look great... like some quality rock bands for instance... pictures that really compliment a tv screen...

See, i'd like to put a backpack together myself... but time's killing me... so anyone care to do one and drop a link in here so everyone has a great looking horizonz... Thanks people!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread4