• 13(current)
Android Fire TV Cube 3 & HD Audio Passthrough w/24p Support (Workaround Builds)
(2023-03-08, 07:04)MrCrispy Wrote: Yes dont know why I said Armlogic, stupid me.

DV for some reason is very dim on my TCL tv, regular HDR looks fine. Is there any tone mapping on any of these devices done in software/hardware that allows DV to be 'converted' to HDR? Other than that it looks like Odroid/Amlogic chips might be better?

And I think the new support in Cube3 is still only DTS-HD not DTS-MA HD or DTS:X right?
look at any of the debug logs in this thread, itll show you all the audio stream types and rates supported

note dolby atmos is packed into truehd streams by design so you wont see anything that says atmos
Quote:Device 1
    m_deviceName      : AudioTrack (IEC)
    m_displayName     : AudioTrack (IEC)
    m_displayNameExtra: Kodi IEC packer (recommended)
    m_deviceType      : AE_DEVTYPE_HDMI
    m_channels        : FL, FR, FC, LFE, SL, SR, BL, BR, BC, BLOC, BROC
    m_sampleRates     : 32000,44100,48000,88200,96000,176400,192000
    m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_FLOAT,AE_FMT_RAW,AE_FMT_RAW
    m_streamTypes     : STREAM_TYPE_AC3,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_CORE,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_1024,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_2048,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_512,STREAM_TYPE_EAC3,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_MA,STREAM_TYPE_TRUEHD
Device 2
    m_deviceName      : AudioTrack (RAW)
    m_displayName     : AudioTrack (RAW)
    m_displayNameExtra: Android IEC packer
    m_deviceType      : AE_DEVTYPE_HDMI
    m_channels        : FL, FR, FC, LFE, SL, SR, BL, BR, BC, BLOC, BROC
    m_sampleRates     : 32000,44100,48000,88200,96000,176400,192000,32000,44100,48000,88200,96000,176400,192000
    m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_FLOAT,AE_FMT_RAW,AE_FMT_RAW,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_FLOAT,AE_FMT_RAW
    m_streamTypes     : STREAM_TYPE_AC3,STREAM_TYPE_EAC3,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_CORE,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_1024,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_2048,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_512,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_MA,STREAM_TYPE_TRUEHD
if you want to see all the debate threads regarding your options

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=372026
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371832
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=369916
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371861

otherwise this thread isnt one of those debate threads, this is for "Fire TV Gen 3" Audio Fixes (or patches or workarounds)
Hi all,
do you know if the new version 20.1 has all the fixes included in the versions posted in this thread?
I'm using right now the latest one and it's working great.
KR
No. And it will never happen. The issue on the cube 3rd gen is a sever firmware bug. It's mitigation would break a bunch of other boxes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for the answer. Is it worth it to update the fixes to the new version?
For the time being I stick with your version.
Thanks for your great effort.
I rebased the stuff ontop of Nexus. As there is no in-tree solution - I will rebuild it and post the link here.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
https://jenkins.kodi.tv/view/Android/job...bi-v7a.apk
for everyone that comes later, i am still maintaining the archive on mega for cube builds posted in this thread

kodi-cube
Thanks a lot for the new version
(2023-03-08, 02:03)jepsizofye Wrote: gen3 vs gen2: gen3 is way better and has the future option of dolby vision
What does this mean? The Cube 2 has DV support as well.

Also, wasn't there a Kodi Omega version with the fixes posted here as well? Is that the one labeled master?
(2023-03-16, 11:12)meccs Wrote:
(2023-03-08, 02:03)jepsizofye Wrote: gen3 vs gen2: gen3 is way better and has the future option of dolby vision
What does this mean? The Cube 2 has DV support as well.

Also, wasn't there a Kodi Omega version with the fixes posted here as well? Is that the one labeled master?
clearly it means i dont know what im talking about, it never worked the 2ish years i had one so i assumed it was a new feature with the gen3
Long time lurker, first post...

Do you have a changelog for this newest version on the 14th?

Also, if Amazon were to release fix, it would break all other cubes? Then, it seems that it's the desired behavior for it to play advanced/lossless formats as PCM. Agreed?
Desired behavior is to play lossless audio, especially object-based, in their original formats. Converting to 5.1 or 7.1 PCM removes Dolby/DTS metadata to correctly map surround & at all height channels. If Amazon were to fix it's f/w bug, then a forked/special version like @fritsch has been providing won't be needed.
That is the behavior 'we' want but, as it's been pointed out, the spec on the cube is DTS-HD Main Profile not MA or X.

The reason I ask is because, if it's the intended behavior that Amazon desires, we can't expect any fixes because they don't see it as a bug.
Thank you for your work, it solved my issues as well with Cube3. Now I can't seem to find any content that I can't play properly. Is there a branch or fork of your fixes here that I can check out? I'd like to contribute as well, maybe try to merge with some FEL improvements.
(2023-03-19, 21:27)skippper Wrote: Thank you for your work, it solved my issues as well with Cube3. Now I can't seem to find any content that I can't play properly. Is there a branch or fork of your fixes here that I can check out? I'd like to contribute as well, maybe try to merge with some FEL improvements.

https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc

there are cube branches, fritsch can tell you exactly which branch is which but if i read it correctly cube-master is v21 ALPHA with fixes, backports-cube* should be v20 with fixes
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Cube 3 & HD Audio Passthrough w/24p Support (Workaround Builds)0