v20 Watch status reset when updated with Movie/TV show parsers in v20 (Nexus)
(2023-02-15, 00:51)ray1112 Wrote: so far I see the only way to solve this problem: downgrade to v19.4.

That is not really solving the problem, that is avoiding the problem. Going back to an earlier version doesn't magically make the problem go away in newer versions.

Creating new records for refreshed items in the video (and probably also music) database is not a good practice, but it has been that way since the very beginning. Then it was all in the early stages of database programming (people didn't know any better, I guess), now we should know better. Watched statuses should be kept when refreshing database items IMO, it shouldn't be that much of a problem even with workarounds.

(2023-02-15, 02:59)jbinkley60 Wrote: Fortunately I can go into my GUI and ...
Good for you.

(2023-02-15, 01:56)Hitcher Wrote: I just tested this and you're wrong it resets the watched status.
That back-office part of Kodi never changed along the way, so I doubt if his Kodi setup suddenly worked different. It's possible that this database got corrupted somehow and certain updates didn't happen, making the watched status remain the same. Who knows.
Is there an option here to use an addon to save out the current TV Show (and movies) watch statuses, rescrape whatever needs updating in the Kodi library and then reapplying the saved watched statuses ?  I thought I recalled some dialog around an addon which does this.  If so, I wouldn't see it as an great option for the time when you just need to update a single episode's metadata etc. but I could see it being more useful when bulk refreshing is desired.    

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-02-15, 08:02)Klojum Wrote:
Quote:I just tested this and you're wrong it resets the watched status.
That back-office part of Kodi never changed along the way, so I doubt if his Kodi setup suddenly worked different. It's possible that this database got corrupted somehow and certain updates didn't happen, making the watched status remain the same. Who knows.
OK. Maybe I'm confusing something.
May be you right. The database has been around for many years (including my own manual updates by direct sql command).
I will think. Maybe I'll remember the times when I was a beta tester of some new features in Kodi and made my own source patches :-)
Thanks everyone for your time.
Ubuntu 22.04, Linux desktop 5.15.0-57-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 24 13:43:17 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Kodi (20.1 (20.1.0) Git:20230312-289ec664e3). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
Sony Android TV, Kodi 20.1
(2023-02-15, 11:26)jbinkley60 Wrote: Is there an option here to use an addon to save out the current TV Show (and movies) watch statuses, rescrape whatever needs updating in the Kodi library and then reapplying the saved watched statuses ?  I thought I recalled some dialog around an addon which does this.  If so, I wouldn't see it as an great option for the time when you just need to update a single episode's metadata etc. but I could see it being more useful when bulk refreshing is desired.
Of cause now I just manually set Watched status for watched movies/episodes (press C, mark as Watched).
Ubuntu 22.04, Linux desktop 5.15.0-57-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 24 13:43:17 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
(2023-02-15, 12:48)ray1112 Wrote:
(2023-02-15, 11:26)jbinkley60 Wrote: Is there an option here to use an addon to save out the current TV Show (and movies) watch statuses, rescrape whatever needs updating in the Kodi library and then reapplying the saved watched statuses ?  I thought I recalled some dialog around an addon which does this.  If so, I wouldn't see it as an great option for the time when you just need to update a single episode's metadata etc. but I could see it being more useful when bulk refreshing is desired.
Of cause now I just manually set Watched status for watched movies/episodes (press C, mark as Watched).

Understood.  I was thinking in more of a bulk status update when someone rescrapes an entire TV series or similar, which I thought you were describing.  Individual manual updating with the C key is probably the best solution for individual items.   

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-02-15, 14:28)jbinkley60 Wrote: Understood.  I was thinking in more of a bulk status update when someone rescrapes an entire TV series or similar, which I thought you were describing.  Individual manual updating with the C key is probably the best solution for individual items.   
Yes, you right. I make press C for all watched episodes in the TV Show with every TV Show update :-(
I have the same behaviour as described by the previous posters. I'm running Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV stick and access my hard drive via SMB.
Re-Scrapping TVseries with correct watch status worked with "Kodi 19.5 Matrix" and is buggy as discribed with "Kodi 20.1 Nexus".
(2023-03-17, 12:28)Shudushi Wrote: I have the same behaviour as described by the previous posters. I'm running Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV stick and access my hard drive via SMB.
Re-Scrapping TVseries with correct watch status worked with "Kodi 19.5 Matrix" and is buggy as discribed with "Kodi 20.1 Nexus".

Installed "Kodi 20.2 Nexus" yesterday. Still same behaviour.
I just upgraded to version 20 and I have the same problem. I always refresh the episodes and the watched status never changed. Now with this new version the watched status is reset. So that’s another confirmation that something changed in the behavior.
I'm also experiencing this. I used Kodi 19 via OSMC and am used to periodically refreshing scraped data for more up to date information and artwork. I was used to this scraper refresh without resetting the media's watched metadata. It's a bit tedious to manually set episodes/films to watched so it would be welcome to return the previous versions' behaviour.
Dear all, I also experienced a similar behaviour with watched status. Maybe some of you could make some guess in this thread?
Thank you, BiTeMeNoW
When I encountered this issue on upgrading to 20, it was because of the change of behavior introduced here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20842

So, local information provider (nfo handled by sonarr/radarr).

The issue was resolved after setting these two ( importwatchedstate and importresumepoint ) to false in advanced settings: https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

(so back to the default value prior to version 20)

Because, it has a watched state value of false which does not get updated (or may get reset to false when the nfo is rebuilt, since I'm not sure what the schema includes when sonarr builds it or if kodi is editing it to false on import and not to true on watched).
There will be a fix for this in the next Kodi Nexus minor release. => https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23667

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watch status reset when updated with Movie/TV show parsers in v20 (Nexus)0