v20 IPTV Simple now supports multiple sets of M3U/XMLTV files via instances
(2023-03-24, 17:22)emveepee Wrote: CoreElec builds are compiled specially and the installed from the CE repo not the Kodi repo.  This is usually down after the LibreElec release.  20.9.1 was released by a LE PR on the 23rd https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...4d2673fd6e and so it hasn't made it to CE yet.
@emveepee 

Ok thanks. I still have the same problem(s) by the way !

Note that AlexElec downloads Kodi repo PVRs from the LibreElec repo, from which I still cannot install PVR Simple 20.8.1.1, even though I was able to install this some days ago.
Hopefully in a day or two, this should resolve.

@jepsizofye 

So if I want to install a PVR Simple update (or other zip) myself without waiting for the repos to update, what is a good method, without compiling?
binary addons have to be compiled so the only alternative i can think of is if the developer is maintaining a release on github under releases

it is unusual for developers to do so because of the amount of different platforms kodi runs on it would be difficult to have a version

for example, raspberry pi, android, coreelec, libreelec, linux and windows each need 2 releases each compiled, 1 for 32bit and 1 for 64bit

that is why most commonly the binary addons are compiled with kodi in each release and packaged for that release

(with kodi as in at the same time during the same compile environment because the compilers are setup for that release)
The LE test builds for Amlogic are not part the official LE  release, so I am not sure when they get updated.  As I told you before your requests for the AlexElec custom build should be on their support forum.

Martin
(2023-03-26, 16:02)emveepee Wrote: The LE test builds for Amlogic are not part the official LE  release, so I am not sure when they get updated.  As I told you before your requests for the AlexElec custom build should be on their support forum.

Martin

@emveepee 

After many days of trial and error, I was able to update to PVR Simple v20.9.1. 
What I now realize is that the IPTV Merge addon kind of locks access to the repo: When I updated from within IPTV Merge settings for IPTV Simple, it got installed after showing a few errors.
FR:
Please change the GUI for Instances to match the "Addon-list" with "enabled" and "disabled" icons.
Actually it looks like this:

I'd suggest a look to match this list.
You can easily see, which list is disabled and enabled. Also it adds some consistency Wink
The Text (german in the picture) "aktiviert" and "deaktiviert" could then be removed also.

Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Your images don’t appear to be showing
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Sorry, I haven't managed to get thumbnails in my Post, but if you click on the link, you'll see the pics.
Didn't want to add them in full size in the Post.
You need further info or other pics, pls let me know, thanks
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2024-01-10, 21:33)Solo0815 Wrote: Sorry, I haven't managed to get thumbnails in my Post, but if you click on the link, you'll see the pics.
Didn't want to add them in full size in the Post.
You need further info or other pics, pls let me know, thanks

Is your request that you want all addon instances to appear in the addon list?

Or when the dialog appears to choose a instance to configure, you can see an icon for enabled/disabled instead of text?
What I think he is is asking is to use a check box tick for enabled and X for disabled instead of text, similar to how addons show installed vs not installed.  The German translations show it at the end of the line which is a bit confusing on an already confusing dialog.  I have had several questions on how to add a second instance and the generic English text for all multi-instance addons "Add add-on configuration" isn't that clear.

Martin
It's exactly like emveepee described. Here is a mockup, how it could be: (with english language on 20.2 Ubuntu flatpak)
changes:
1. add a checkbox ticked or "x" for enabled/disabled configs. It's easier to see, which config is enabled/disabled. Here 1 and 2 are enabled and 3 is disabled. The german dialog shows:
"Fallback_2" [Aktiviert] bearbeiten
which would be
"Fallback_2" [Enabled] edit
translated in english and not
Edit "Fallback_2" [Enabled]
like it is in english at the moment. "Edit" and "enabled" are not on the same place, which is confusing and not easy to see. That's why I suggest a checkbox.
2. remove "enabled/disabled" text from config-names
3. remove " from config-names
4. clicking on a m3u-entry should open edit (like it is now). Here you can enable/disable a config.
5. there may be a context menu to enable/disable a confg ... but this could be not worth the effort, as it is possible with 4. 

I hope it is clearer now, what I have in mind
(2023-03-19, 17:57)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2023-03-18, 10:11)dzejms Wrote: How to I get a setting for each instance?

I have two instances set but when trying to get:
```
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uPathType')
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uPath')
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uUrl')
```
it returns m3uPath from instance 1 and m3uUrl from instance 2.

You cannot currently. There is no Python API for multiple instances yet.
Has anything changed re the above?

I have two files instance-settings-1.xml and instance-settings-2.xml. Can I access those setting individually?
(2024-01-16, 22:07)dzejms Wrote:
(2023-03-19, 17:57)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2023-03-18, 10:11)dzejms Wrote: How to I get a setting for each instance?

I have two instances set but when trying to get:
```
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uPathType')
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uPath')
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uUrl')
```
it returns m3uPath from instance 1 and m3uUrl from instance 2.

You cannot currently. There is no Python API for multiple instances yet.
Has anything changed re the above?

I have two files instance-settings-1.xml and instance-settings-2.xml. Can I access those setting individually?

No, I’m afraid not via the Python API. There is a PR to add this but it likely won’t make it in to kodi 21
We should move this to the requests section.
FR finally done Wink

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=376766

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple now supports multiple sets of M3U/XMLTV files via instances0