Looking for Kodi Cinema Addon?
I'm looking for a Kodi add-on that offers a cinema-like experience similar to Cinemavision. I have a Cinemavision script file from Kodi 19.5 (Matrix) and I'm wondering if it can be adapted for Kodi 20 (Nexus). Alternatively, if it's possible, can someone explain how to downgrade Kodi from 20 to 19.5 without losing settings, skins, and libraries?
(2023-02-16, 06:41)MohinSonanda Wrote: can someone explain how to downgrade Kodi from 20 to 19.5 without losing settings, skins, and libraries?

The simplest way to do that was to create backups at the time you were still running v19.5, as Kodi is not very big on backwards compatibility. And yes, when upgrading, it's possible that certain settings have been changed. Although the changes were not many, some discomfort can happen when downgrading to a lower (major) version.

Settings and skins are one thing, libraries are another. Library files will not be recreated when downgrading. If you have deleted those after an upgrade, those will have to be recreated from scratch. For v20, the music database version remained the same. The video database however has been upgraded. So hopefully your old MyVideos119.db file is still present in your Kodi profile folder.
Checkout the new PreShow Experience add on. It can be found at preshowexperienice.com.  It is basically the old Cinemavision add on but is being actively supported and at works with Kodi 20.
(2023-02-16, 15:38)hslansky Wrote: Checkout the new PreShow Experience add on. It can be found at preshowexperienice.com.  It is basically the old Cinemavision add on but is being actively supported and at works with Kodi 20.
....has anybody here tried PSE under Matrix?
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
(2023-02-18, 15:52)Reelyator Wrote: ....has anybody here tried PSE under Matrix?
The current version of PreShow Experience is compatible with 19 & 20.
Looks like it has been a year and a couple months, has there been any headway on wanting to add this to the Kodi Repo? i have just started using it and have been enjoyiong it. seems smoother then cinemavision and less crashes on my set up. 

Thank for the great work, cant wait to use this regularly.

its a shame, does anyone have a repository of all the video and trivia and other conteent that was on cinemavisions web site. i was a lifetime suber and should have dl'ed everything(but it was slow and tedious to do so). I have a decent collection but would love to see more and more added.
(2024-04-11, 20:29)ketterer Wrote: Looks like it has been a year and a couple months, has there been any headway on wanting to add this to the Kodi Repo?..
...i would be curious as well! Considering that not even @Savant has replied, i would assume that PSE is dead.
There seems to be a new version 0.2.5 published on the PSE website. This is from.........January......Huh

The year is not even mentioned, maybe by intention?
(2023-02-21, 18:17)Savant Wrote:
(2023-02-18, 15:52)Reelyator Wrote: ....has anybody here tried PSE under Matrix?
The current version of PreShow Experience is compatible with 19 & 20.
Hi Matt!
Do you happen to be aware that meanwhile 21 is out? Has anybody tried out if PSE 0.2.5 is compatible with Omega?
PreShow is not dead.  If you want to stay up to day on it, the best place is the discord.  

I am admittedly very slow with development, but a ton of work has been completed since 0.2.5.  I've had to deal with the scrapers/sources for trailers breaking.  That isn't something I've ever done before, so it has been a steep learning curve and slowed things down.

As I said in December, it isn't to a point where I want to try to submit it to the kodi repo.  I hoped to be further along at this point, but I'm not going to attempt to submit it until it is more user friendly and reliable.  

It does work on 21.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for Kodi Cinema Addon?0