Can't save MAME 2003 Plus Settings in Kodi 19.5 on OSMC with the IAGL addon on RPi4
Running Kodi 19.5 on OSMC with the IAGL add-on (on a Raspberry Pi 4). Installed up-to-date emulators from the libretro buildbot. Here's the problem. I don't see a way to adjust and save settings for the mame 2003 plus core (settings like mame2003-plus_mouse_device, mame2003-plus_sample_rate, mame2003-plus_skip_disclaimer, mame2003-plus_skip_warnings, etc). In Kodi addons, there is no Settings option for that emulator. If I try "brute force" by simply putting a settings.xml file in /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.mame2003_plus_libretro_buildbot... the settings are ignored. Any ideas?
I believe the issue is due to the Libretro API that core uses (v2+ vs v1). Kodi only supports v1 currently (@garbear can confirm?).
Two related issues have been opened for it:
https://github.com/kodi-game/kodi-game-s.../issues/69
https://github.com/kodi-game/kodi-game-s.../issues/98

But the API version of the core is what it boils down to. The buildbot tries (and half succeeeds) to create the addon, but can't pull the settings information.
Thanks. For the heck of it I tried a different platform (Kodi 20 on Libreelec with IAGL on a RPi4)... same problem.
Oh, wait a sec... I discovered that in LibreELEC, Kodi V20 (Nexus), the MAME 2003 Plus emulator DOES read in settings from settings.xml if settings.xml resides in /storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2003_plus/resources. Nice!

I *think* the reason it works in V20 is that V20 contains a newer version of Kodi Retroplayer. There might be one other factor... in Kodi V20, my MAME 2003 Plus emulator add-on is Version 1.69.1; in Kodi V19.5 it's 1.2020.18583.
(2023-02-17, 22:59)WH2O Wrote: Oh, wait a sec... I discovered that in LibreELEC, Kodi V20 (Nexus), the MAME 2003 Plus emulator DOES read in settings from settings.xml if settings.xml resides in /storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2003_plus/resources. Nice!

I *think* the reason it works in V20 is that V20 contains a newer version of Kodi Retroplayer. There might be one other factor... in Kodi V20, my MAME 2003 Plus emulator add-on is Version 1.69.1; in Kodi V19.5 it's 1.2020.18583.

Just an update. In LibreELEC V20, I'm observing that the settings.xml file for MAME 2003 Plus works, but only if there are two copies of it, stored as follows (otherwise it doesn't work):

/storage/.kodi/addons/game.libretro.mame2003_plus/resources/settings.xml (as mentioned above)
AND
/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.mame2003_plus/settings.xml

Weird, but that's the behavior I'm seeing. Are settings getting cached or something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't save MAME 2003 Plus Settings in Kodi 19.5 on OSMC with the IAGL addon on RPi40