How to edit advancedsettings.xml?
I need to install or edit advancedsettings.xml for Kodi, but I'm unsure of the best way to do this. I've tried using the "Easy Advanced Settings" add-on, but it's been unsuccessful in writing the xml file for me. I also attempted to mount a directory from my Mac using smb://xxxx in the file manager, but received broken pipe errors. According to the core testing thread, advancedsettings.xml is only accessible from the File Manager under the confluence skin. I'm seeking guidance on the proper approach to accomplish this task.
Normally the simplest way is to edit it on a PC of your choice (Windows, Mac, Linux... anything that can edit a text file) and then use a mounted share and Kodi file manager to move it from that machine onto your Kodi device and put it into your userdata (wiki) folder.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
on tvOS (if that's your platform) you can't do it directly because the file isn't stored on filesystem. Not sure if it's possible to add modified file directly to the package that you install on device.
@Games - this is the second (and third with your other post) time you've been asked to stop posting links to 3rd party sites which also promote piracy addons and VPNs for Kodi.

If you continue to do so then your account here will be removed.

Take this as a final friendly warning to stop doing so.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to edit advancedsettings.xml?0