PreShow Experience - from users for users
Video 
Hi,
I am starting this thread as i could not find anything "official" here from the creators of the new PreShow Experience (PSE) Add-on. Intention is to share experiences, problems, solutions etc. between users.

Afaik PSE seems to be the successor of the outdated CinemaVision (CV) Add-on who has not made it´s way into Matrix and is not supported anymore by the original inventors.

Status today (02/2023) PSE is not on any repo but there is a zip on
https://preshowexperience.com/
than could be installed from unknown sources for everybode who dares;-)

Version: 0.1.1 from February 12th 2023.

First questions:
Who has managed to run PSE?
On what Kodi-Version?
What skin?
Experiences, problems, challenges so far?
Problems with CV-Sequences?
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
Hi @Reelyator

Thanks for taking an interest in reviving a CinemaVision replacement.
There are a couple of issues with the site that you point to, though.

1. You are forced to create an account to downloads the addons. This should not be the case and should be freely shared without restriction
2. Source material is not available to review.

If you are the owner of the site, or in contact with them, could you please raise these issues with them. They are free to contact us for more information.

Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen!
Thank you for pointing out!

I am neither the owner nor do i have any closer connections to the PreShow-Experience Folks but i will post your concerns on their forums and try to reach one of their admins, to get in contact with you to - hopefully - work on a solution.
@Reelyator Thanks for creating this thread.

I am one of the people working on PreShow Experience.  We have updated the site so that the add-on can be downloaded without an account.  We are trying to fix a few bugs prior to making the source material available for review. We only soft launched the addon so that people that we knew could beta test and then word spread.  I apologize for any confusion that this caused.  We will be in compliance as soon as we have address those last few issues.
@Savant

Thank you for the explanation. Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
To answer a few of my own questions:

Q: Who has managed to run PSE?
A: I did!

Q: On what Kodi-Version?
A: Kodi 19.4 on Win11

Q: What skin?
A: Rapier

Q: Experiences, problems, challenges so far? Problems with CV-Sequences?
A: No major Problems so far after manually renaming the extensions of my existing CV Sequences prior to first starting PSE.
As far as i understand the short loading messages between the different elements should disapear once the skin was updated to work with PSE
Soooo happy this is in development, was gutted when I realised CinemVision didn't work with Nexus!

One thing that did always bug me with CinemaVision, and seems to be the same here, is the identification of Dolby Atmos as the audio format. As far as I can tell if the file is Dolby Digital+ with Dolby Atmos it just identifies as Dolby Digital+, but if it is Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos it correctly identifies as Dolby Atmos. Both files play back as Dolby Atmos through my receiver so not sure how PreShow Experience is identifying the audio format? Any way to get the former to identify as Dolby Atmos?

Hi Eddage,
i flaged my media files with a .Atmos. in the filename wich led to a proper detection after import. Rapier also displayed the Atmos symbol in the media info and the correct bumper was used in PSE.
(2023-03-06, 19:44)Reelyator Wrote: Hi Eddage,
i flaged my media files with a .Atmos. in the filename wich led to a proper detection after import. Rapier also displayed the Atmos symbol in the media info and the correct bumper was used in PSE.
I already have .Atmos in my filenames Sad

Is your file Dolby Digital +? If it's Dolby TrueHD then that would explain why it is working, as that works for me. It is only Dolby Digital + with Dolby Atmos that isn't detected properly.

(2023-03-07, 18:18)Eddage Wrote: Is your file Dolby Digital +? If it's Dolby TrueHD then that would explain why it is working, as that works for me. It is only Dolby Digital + with Dolby Atmos that isn't detected properly.
It currently only looks to see if you have Atmos in the filename for Dolby TrueHD movies.  We will be updating PSE to include Atmos in the filename for Dolby Digital +.
(2023-03-07, 19:22)Savant Wrote:
(2023-03-07, 18:18)Eddage Wrote: Is your file Dolby Digital +? If it's Dolby TrueHD then that would explain why it is working, as that works for me. It is only Dolby Digital + with Dolby Atmos that isn't detected properly.
It currently only looks to see if you have Atmos in the filename for Dolby TrueHD movies.  We will be updating PSE to include Atmos in the filename for Dolby Digital +.

That's awesome, thanks Smile

Started using this recently and it's working great so far.  I never used CinemaVision before, so it's a bit a of learning curve and some trial and error.  One hiccup I'm having now is getting the ratings bumper for the feature to show up right.  I'm using images for each rating.  I just need to know what the expected naming convention is for each MPAA rating image.  I tried downloading the set off the CinemaVision website to see what the files should be named, but that requires an account and it's not letting me verify a new account.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working.  PG-13 for some reason was tripping me up.  Looking alright now.
Additional Information for those who like experiments: There are some PSE optimised Skin Mods created by users in the PSForum that should avoid the dispay of the usual "busy" or "loading" messages beteween the clips of the PSE Playlist.

...i have not yet tried them.
Anyone able to register on their site?  I would like to get some bumpers, etc. but I never get the confirmation email.
(2023-09-09, 05:04)guythnick Wrote: Anyone able to register on their site?  I would like to get some bumpers, etc. but I never get the confirmation email.
I manually approved your registration.  Feel free to reach out to me if you have any issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PreShow Experience - from users for users0