Throttling by Amazon
I believe Amazon is throttling streams to my Firecube, but not Amazon sponsored stuff. It just started with my last update.
It streams good for 2 minutes then slow for 20 seconds. Does not happen on Prime Video or YouTube.
(2023-02-19, 20:01)Neil M Wrote: I believe Amazon is throttling streams to my Firecube, but not Amazon sponsored stuff. It just started with my last update.

An update of what? IMO, when you think Amazon is throttling, you as a customer will need to ask them why. It's not something TeamKodi can address.
The update I am referring to is an Amazon update to my Firecube, as they often do. Many of my friends are now experiencing this as well.
This throttling happens while trying to stream using Kodi. Just wondered if you had heard of this problem? Thanks
(2023-02-19, 20:56)Neil M Wrote: The update I am referring to is an Amazon update to my Firecube, as they often do. Many of my friends are now experiencing this as well.
This throttling happens while trying to stream using Kodi. Just wondered if you had heard of this problem? Thanks
What addons on kodi are you using to stream from ?
(2023-02-19, 20:56)Neil M Wrote: The update I am referring to is an Amazon update to my Firecube, as they often do. Many of my friends are now experiencing this as well.

Since Kodi does not provide any content then it is unlikely we would have heard or concerned ourselves with anything like that. 

As others have said it may help to specify what “streams” you are referring to but as you’re new the forum please make sure you review the Forum Rules especially the section on Banned Add-ons (wiki).
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I've heard popular content gets local cache hubs, Amazon may have moved 'your interests', and now the content is more than a few jumps. Something to take up with Amazon.
This is absolutely the case, It's something brand new that Amazon is doing to unsupported apps! If someone has a movie or show playing, at the 2 minute mark the buffer will run all the way down and bump you back to the source page. And it will continue to do so every time you try to really watch whatever you were watching. I can't believe this is the 1st Place Athena's mentioned, My father is also having these acts same problem. The only other solutions I'm finding is suggesting it's my connection, my router, et cetera. This is not the case I have a Nighthawk 8 stream router and a 400mbs Internet connection. We've used Kodi for 6 or 7 years and have never come across this issue. We have a very reliable VPN activated as well. If anybody else is having this issue please leave a comment. And I want to thank the gentleman who I'm replying to, You're the 1st person after many hours of searching the Internet for anybody else having this issue. Amazon is being very sneaky And is most definitely doing this to the apps that aren't available on their web store. It obviously makes sense that they want us to buy their programring and not just stream it through Kodi. On the other hand I've bought 6 or 7 of their devices and as far as I see it they're mine to use how I see fit. If there is no solution Now or soon then I will invest In other independent streaming devices And it will be Amazon's loss that I discontinue to buy their product As well as recommended to others To follow suit! Between my own devices and those belonging to friends and family, I must be responsible for the purchase of around 30 Amazon devices. Once again if anybody has a solution Please post it here to help us better having this issue, because everybody's gonna have this issue that uses Kodi! Thank you very much!
This is strictly Amazon throttling Kodi to force us to use their official content. We are no way referring to Amazon's content. I'm just relieved to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem with Kodi on Fire TV devices!!
Hello Neil M., We are experiencing the exact same problem after an update about 3 weeks ago. While streaming on Kodi, watching a movie, At the 2 minute mark the buffer diminishes and Kodi is forced back to the source page. It has become extremely annoying And we are about to disable all of our fire TV devices And look into purchasing song stand alone and independent streaming devices! If you do find a solution somehow please pass it on, It would be very greatly appreciated, thank you very much! I'm reading all this BS About my connection, My router, And a 1/2 dozen other things that have nothing to do with the issue we're having. I have a great VPN which is activated and still having the same issue. We tried absolutely everything, I was hoping to find a trick online that I may have overlooked but it's looking like that doesn't exist! Anyway thank you for posting your issue Because at least now I don't feel alone, lol!
Amazon issued an update to the fire TV devices implementing the throttling of unsupported apps.
We're not using any unimproved add ons, It's just Amazon throttling Kodi To make it virtually unwatchable! That simple!!
I think we all get the picture now, Mike. No need make this thread your personal Amazon blog.
smh...

id just like to go on the record, as an Amazon FireTV user, my experience when using addons to watch content from Hulu, Paramount+, Disney+ (which i have paid subscriptions to) i watch full 4K L1 content without any of the above supposed throttling

the user experience described above is more indicative of a user experience using unpaid streaming offers to watch content on file sharing services (with an inference towards non legal however not specifically limited to it)

and, kodi's ability to access streaming content in general is solely the result of 3rd party addon developers as kodi only actually offers official means of accessing content on your local area network

therefor complaining about streaming concerns should fall to those developers without using official kodi channels as a soapbox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Throttling by Amazon0