v19 Comskip randomly not detecting commercials
Configuration:
CoreELEC 19.5 running on Ugoos X3 box
TVHeadend server CoreELEC addon v.19.5.105 (TVHeadend 4.3)

Comskip randomly will not detect commercials on shows. On one show it will work perfectly. On the next episode of the same series no commercials will be detected. Or the following show on the same channel will have no commercials detected.
.edl and .txt files are being created but they have no frames listed when the commercials aren’t being skipped.
I noticed the following error multiple times in the Comskip log file when the commercials aren’t detected:

Panic: Audio buffer overflow, resetting audio buffer

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Thanks
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
Samsung UN65JS8500 TV | Onkyo TX-NR646 Receiver | HD Homerun Quatro Tuner
Giving this a bump. I'm pretty sure my problem is related to the message below:

Panic: Audio buffer overflow, resetting audio buffer

Any reason I'm getting this message repeatedly on some shows but not others? Is this a problem that can be addressed by settings in the comskip.ini file or do I need to make changes in Kodi or TVHeadend?

Thanks
2019 Shield TV Pro with Tvheadend Client (Kodi) | Ugoos X3 Cube with CoreELEC as a Tvheadend server
your lack of replies is probably because comskip is a part of tvheadend and not kodi or the kodi addon - https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/boards

also, coreelec may have different behavior on their builds vs official kodi so looking in that direction may be an option if its related to audio buffer - https://discourse.coreelec.org
It probably is the Docker (I assume he is using) since it has nothing really to do with Kodi, TVHeadend or CE.  I already posted on the CE forum where has double posted and double bumped, that he look for Comskip support.

Martin
ah, well definitely looking for support from people who are familiar with what you want support on would indeed be the best route

i wasnt aware this was also posted at the CE forum already
I'm not running Docker, I'm running CoreELEC directly on the machine.  Comskip is included in the official Team CoreELEC Tvheadend server 4.3 add-on that downloaded form the CoreELEC Add-ons repository.  

The media sources are OTA ATSC broadcasts from ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.  And the streams play good when I watch them.  

I have posted on the Comskip Support Forum but I hadn't received a response.  I thought it might also be a problem with the compilation of Comskip in the Tvheadend server addon (I had previously run Comskip in the TVH 4.2 server add-on without problems) or perhaps a problem with CoreELEC so I also posted there and here on the Kodi forum incase it was a Kodi issue.  I posted it a week ago on the CoreELEC and Comskip forums and didn't receive any responses so I gave the posts a bump.  I'll focus on the CoreELEC and Comskip forums and perhaps will give Tvheadend forum a try.
Ok I didn't know LE/CE bundled comkskip in their TVHeadend server package sorry but again it isn't a Kodi issue at all.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comskip randomly not detecting commercials0