Req Sorting by release group
This is more a nice to have - request sounds so needy :-)

I have a large music collection and within that some of my favorite albums in differen formats. For example, I have the The Colour of Spring by Talk Talk as a CD and as a SACD. I have ripped and tagged both and in Kodi they show up as two different items under albums. I would be great if sorting could be done - in Musicbrainz terms - by Release Group, so that it would show up in the album list as a single object and when browsing it, the content for example as

The Colour of Spring

1986 CD
2003 SACD

If the tag for release group exists, maybe that wouldn't be too hard to implement?

Could I achieve something like this already by somehow "hacking" the boxset functionality?
(2023-02-25, 19:57)HeresJohnny Wrote: This is more a nice to have - request sounds so needy :-)
I asked the same thing a while back, and I think you wrote in that thread as well.  It would indeed be a nice feature to have.
(2023-02-25, 19:57)HeresJohnny Wrote: Could I achieve something like this already by somehow "hacking" the boxset functionality?
Sure, I myself tag different formats as the same release in picard, then add discnumber and discsubtitle tags.
I think for DSD it would be setsubtitle tag, same for mp3 but Picard sets that correctly when adding DISCSUBTITLE in Picard. At least for flacs and mp3s. I don't have much DSD.
Yeah, I guess I could sort it the way I want by removing the ALBUM_ID tag ... but that little OCD guy on my shoulder would complain about losing that info :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sorting by release group0