Req combine multiple video nodes into one without smart playlists
hi, I'd like to combine different sources of video nodes into one. My understanding is this is currently not possible.
in which way?

you can link movies to tv shows - https://kodi.wiki/view/Linking_movies_to_TV_shows

you can show tv shows and movies next to each other in a widget in a skin if you modify the skin

what i dont think you can do is go into the Movies section and see TV Shows there
hi, thank you for the suggestions!
(2023-02-25, 23:31)jepsizofye Wrote: in which way?

you can show tv shows and movies next to each other in a widget in a skin if you modify the skin
This bit is interesting: how would I go about that? Modifying so it shows movies next to tv shows or vice versa?
yes in the widget i currently have in progress tv shows and movies next to each other on the same row

skin is estuary

if you go into the skin files, xml/Includes_Home.xml, include name is WidgetListPoster

you can locate:

xml:
<content sortby="$PARAM[sortby]" sortorder="$PARAM[sortorder]" target="$PARAM[widget_target]" limit="100">$PARAM[content_path]</content>

this line can be duplicated to show additional items within a single row, content_path just needs to be a smart playlist or a videodb:// url

i copied the whole include to a new include definition that i use in Home.xml for a "Continue Watching" section on the home screen

inside Home.xml youll find sections:

xml:
<include content="WidgetListPoster">

which can be changed to your new definition
this hack is quite useful!

HOWEVER, it doesn't appear to solve my initial problem. 

Please implement a way to combine different sources of video nodes into ONE video node WITHOUT smart playlists.

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
combine multiple video nodes into one without smart playlists0