Watch tv show sped up?
Hi all. I’ve come from WMC and I’ve pretty much got my Kodi setup pretty much exactly how I want it. The one thing I don’t know how to replicate that I could do in WMC is being able to watch tv shows slightly sped up. I found this handy when watching a boring bit so I don’t miss anything but I can still watch and listen to it.

Does anyone know how I can set this up in Kodi on windows 10?

Thanks in advance.
(2023-02-26, 09:26)Fatal.Lordes Wrote: The one thing I don’t know how to replicate that I could do in WMC is being able to watch tv shows slightly sped up.
Yes, that can be done.
First you need to enable the setting Sync playback to display... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/V...to_display
Kodi needs to adjust the audio, so passthrough is disabled to allow that to happen.

You then use...
alt+left = slow down playback
alt+ right = speed up playback.

If you have decent hardware, if you add <maxtempo>2.0</maxtempo> to your advancedsettings.xml file, you can increase speed to 2x, otherwise it is limited to 1.6x (I think)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Cool, thanks for this.  I'm going to have a look for that .xml file as the max speed is a bit slow so I'll see if I can bump it up to 2.0 

Also, do you know what I would look for in keymap editor in order to map this to my remote key?
Hmmm, what am I missing?  I just tried searching for the xml file but I can't find it anywhere in C:?  I made sure hidden items was turned on too.  Even tried searching for just ad*.xml but nothing...
You have to create it - https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml
Ahh, thanks for the heads up Smile  Much appreciated.

So now I just need to work out how to attach it to the keymap editor to automatically go to the max setting when I press an assigned key on remote and I guess either same key or another to toggle it back to normal speed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watch tv show sped up?0