Can KODI allow me to access my home cable/IP TV via the Internet, e.g., Slingbox?
We live between two homes and I do not want to pay for dual subscriptions to TV or streaming services.  Wondering if there is an implementation of KODI which would perform like Slingbox, allowing us to access our cable services from one home while at the other home.  Major cable provider solutions do not work due to geography.  Thanks.
Many of the Kodi PVR clients that use PVR backends can play remotely so yes, streaming from one location to another is definitely possible.  The solution will vary by country but assuming you live in the US because you mentioned Slingbox, your best would be a backend that supported the Silicon Dust HDHR Prime.  There are other options that capture from cable and satellite STB but they are more technical. 

Adding a local ATSC tuner and backend for local broadcast network might be good too, and some clients let you access two backends  this would reduce the need to stream over the network.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can KODI allow me to access my home cable/IP TV via the Internet, e.g., Slingbox?0