No entries in program guide after reboot
My system:
Raspberry Pi 4 running LibreElec and Kodi.  I have installed both the head end and back end NextPVR add ons.   I am getting the program listing via Schedules Direct.

I am having a problem with my Kodi install on a Raspberry Pi 4.  After a reboot of the system there is no data in the program guide.  During start up I receive an error, "Remote Communications Server failed to start".   I can get the server to restart by going to Settings>PVR and Live TV>Client Specific Settings>Refresh cache for channel icons.  (Update all channels and Update channel groups has the same effect).  After that the program guide shows my channels until the next reboot.

I can log in to my system remotely from a PC running Kodi while there is no program guide data and the Raspberry Pi system and the program guide is populated with data.  I can record or watch shows on the remote PC.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?  I reloaded the system and I am still having the same issues.
Here is the link to my kodi.log file.

https://paste.kodi.tv/tefigiwusu
what is running on libreelec serving http://127.0.0.1:8866 is probably starting AFTER kodi, kodi fails to connect
need to try a delay somewhere in execution so its available before kodi wants to connect
The  best thing to do is set the LibreElec Network settings to wait for a network connection before starting Kodi.    Also after a failed login Kodi will retry but it can take about a minute or so to do refresh.

There is also a setting on the server (under services) called uptime wait to delay the server based on how long the server has been up to ensure that local tuning devices are installed.  This can cause a delay in connections.

If you continue to have problems post on the NextPVR forum with the server logs and also debug Kodi log not the standard log you posted.

Here is where I warn you about shutting down Kodi, since some people use a power adapter with a switch.  Use the Kodi power button shutdown and the service will be closed properly.

Martin
Martin,

Thank you for the help.   Yes, wait for network connection is enabled.   When the system first boots I don't see either the program guide or the recordings.  After a minute or so the recordings appear but the program guide never does until I do something that will restart the server.

I tried increasing the wait times for the network with no change in the behavior.

I always use the power off button in Kodi to shut down the system, the last thing I want to do is corrupt the hard drive.

Before I take this over to the NextPVR forum, how do I capture the server logs.  I googled server logs but haven't found instructions on how to do this.
Here is the info you need https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/get-help  The debug logs from Kodi will be important too, since in theory Kodi shouldn't need to update the channels after the restart since they come from the database.

When you power off how do you update the guide?  One of the few advantages of using a backend on the RPi would be the fact that it consumes very little power and can stay powered on.

Martin
It sounds like the issue may be related to the NextPVR add ons and their interaction with your Kodi installation. You may want to try updating or reinstalling the NextPVR add ons to see if that resolves the issue. It's also possible that there is a configuration issue with the add ons or with your Schedules Direct account.
Another potential solution is to check your system logs for any errors or warnings related to the Remote Communications Server and see if there are any clues there as to what may be causing the issue. Additionally, you may want to reach out to the NextPVR community or support team to see if they have any insights or advice on troubleshooting this issue.
The OP followed up on this on this on the NextPVR and the issue is resolved.  The pvr.nextpvr addon had to be changed to deal with new behaviour in Nexus deleting channel groups on startup in some conditions.  This fix is available in version 20.4.1 of pvr.nextpvr, which was released a few days ago.  It should make it to CE 20 eventually, if not the RPi4 addon will work in CE.

The logic to delete the channel groups has also been removed Omega too along with other channel group improvement.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No entries in program guide after reboot0