movies and album covers
I have two raspberry pi4s, one connected to the tv and the other one mounted on the back of a 10.1"inch monitor.
The one that is mounted on my 10.1"inch monitor is my mp3 player with a usb flash drive. I added album covers to each song on my usb flash drive.

I have a usb portable hard drive loaded with tons of tv shows and movies. Each movie has it's on movie cover that i added to them.
So when i browes through my movie collection they don't show the covers that i added to the movies.
But on my MP3 player aka my other raspberry on my 10.1"inch monitor show all of the ablum covers perfect...

So, make a long story short, why is Kodi no showing my movie covers that i added to them using iTunes
(2023-03-06, 10:50)general79 Wrote: So, make a long story short, why is Kodi no showing my movie covers that i added to them using iTunes
Probably because you haven't named the artwork files correctly...
https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
So, do i just create a folder on my usb drive and drop the movie and poster into the folder.

Now, i'm on the computer loading up all the movies and tv shows onto the USB portable hard drive. One, do i need to create the folder and put the movie into it and also add the poster inside of the folder with the movie
(2023-03-06, 11:53)general79 Wrote: So, do i just create a folder on my usb drive and drop the movie and poster into the folder.
Yes.
Read how to create your video library... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I still have the USB portable drive connected to the desktop with all my tv show and movie collection on it. So in order to get the artwork t show in kodi, can you fix that issue on the pc.

I did so with my music, i just loaded up my music in itunes and added the artwork and then insert the USB Flash drive in raspberry pi and got ready to look at my list of music in kodi and, there it was, showing up the arkwork of each song i go to
(2023-03-06, 23:58)general79 Wrote: So in order to get the artwork t show in kodi, can you fix that issue on the pc.
I don't understand. What do you want us to fix? There is nothing to fix.

Don't confuse the Music Library with the Video Library. They don't work the same way.
It is standard for music files to be tagged and have artwork embedded.
It is not common for video files to do that, nor do all video formats allow that.
Also, iTunes is not the best software to be using to tag your music or your video files.
My Signature
Scribble that last question out

Back to my videos.
From the PC, i installed folders for my collection of TV serise and named each folder. As for my MP4 movies, I just added them to the USB drive without putting them in each folder. 
As for the movies, do i need to create a folder and inside of that folder, create sub-folder for each movie. Also, i have Kodi v18.7

Also, when i do go to the movie, it just shows the scene of the movie, but not the movie poster
All your questions are answered in the guide I linked to in an earlier post.
You are confusing me with the PC and USB comments.

It is recommended that each movie has its own folder in the Source folder. The Source folder is added to Kodi.
Please read the guide.
We are now discussing video issues in the music forum.
My Signature
Trying to clear my question up.

I have a USB portable Hard Drive still connected to my desktop computer. I had been adding my tv and movies onto the drive.
So before i started adding my movies to the USB drive, do i create a Movie folder and inside, ceate sub-folders for each of the movies
(2023-03-07, 02:19)general79 Wrote: So before i started adding my movies to the USB drive, do i create a Movie folder and inside, ceate sub-folders for each of the movies
Yes
It is explained in the guide.
My Signature
Do the poster have to be in the same sub-folder as the movie. And for example, do the poster have to be name like this chip n dale rescue rangers (2022) .jpg
Imagejpg)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movies and album covers0