DXVA rendering problem - Blue line on 4K HDR videos
Hi all, 

Issue :
There are blue lines appearing on video edges when playing certain files. They can be horizontal or vertical. See examples here (you might want to zoom in). 

Context :
  • ONLY HDR CONTENT IS AFFECTED. PLAYING 1080P VIDEOS OR NON-HDR 4K VIDEOS DOES NOT REPRODUCE THE ISSUE;
  • SWITCHING RENDERING METHOD TO PIXEL SHADERS FIXES THE ISSUE ENTIRELY. ISSUE ONLY OCCURS WHEN "RENDER METHOD" IS AT "AUTO DETECT" OR "DXVA";
  • ALL ADD-ONS & PLAYERS ARE AFFECTED WHEN PLAYING ANY VIDEO AS DEFINED ABOVE.
Setup :
  • LENOVO YOGA 9I 14IAP7 [82LU0047US]
    Processor    12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1260P   2.10 GHz
    Installed RAM    16,0 GB (15,7 GB usable)
    System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • NO EXTERNAL DISPLAY
    See display/gpu information
  • Windows 11 Home
    Version    22H2
    Installed on    ‎2023-‎02-‎25
    OS build    22621.1344
    Serial number    PF474L4D
    Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0
  • KODI
    NEXUS 20.0 w/ Fen, Seren, THE CREW, TheMovieDb Helper, Umbrella & Trakt
Please see example log playing a 4k HDR .hevc video. 

Happy to answer any question.

Thanks a lot. 

P.S. : what should I expect by rendering using pixel shaders ? Is it any worse than DXVA, and what should be noticeable ?
unfortunately there is no support for setups with Banned Add-ons (wiki) per Forum Rules
I understand the reasoning. This bug is however not specific to any add-on. How should I go into getting support?
if you can remove everything that is banned, play a local file showing the behavior and present that Debug Log it would be acceptable

with the level of setup you seem to have based on that log i might say just install a fresh kodi and work from that, but its up to you which route to take
(2023-03-08, 08:04)Gnreux Wrote: How should I go into getting support?
You are using Windows, so pretty easy to install a Portable version... https://kodi.wiki/view/Portable_mode
or
Rename your \Kodi\ folder as shown in the image here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Backup#Windows
Restart and a new one will be created empty. Then swap the old one back when you are done.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Gnreux

Also, stop the overuse of typing in capital letters including in topic titles.
It is seen as shouting, it feels obnoxious and considered as unnecessary attention seeking.

(2023-03-08, 08:04)Gnreux Wrote: This bug is however not specific to any add-on.
That doesn't matter. We don't want video piracy setups coming to our forum.
In addition, does it happen on the same videos with other players such as vlc, mpv (with hw accel also)?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA rendering problem - Blue line on 4K HDR videos0