Solved Scraping Video Files for Database Analysis
Photo 
Hey there,

I just first time configured the movie database scraping. But unfortunately my collection has a naming scheme, which does not really work well with the scraping. My files are names as follows:

This_Is_A_Movie_2023_1080p.mp4

Is there any way, that the scraper can identify the carachter '_' as a separator and use the file name to fetch information from the movie database?

Alle the best,
Thomas
(2023-03-08, 10:21)lvlanson Wrote: But unfortunately my collection has a naming scheme

Did you start this naming scheme yourself, or are you using some other mediaplayer/collection tool?
If not the latter, you could also perhaps rename your files using a batch-type tool.

AFAICT, there is only a itemseparator option in the advancedsettings.xml file designed for music artists.
(2023-03-08, 10:21)lvlanson Wrote: Is there any way, that the scraper can identify the carachter '_'
It should work. The underscore, period and space are accepted separators in filenaming.

If you provide a Debug Log, I can check what is happening. Just capture the scraping process in the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
What kind of separators are valid except for white space?
(2023-03-08, 10:33)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-03-08, 10:21)lvlanson Wrote: Is there any way, that the scraper can identify the carachter '_'
It should work. The underscore, period and space are accepted separators in filenaming.

If you provide a Debug Log, I can check what is happening. Just capture the scraping process in the log.
How can I generate such a log? I am currently using Kodi on an Android TV.

Attached I have an NSF Server and I can attach an USB-Medium. Using the most recent version of Kodi which is supplied by the android web shop.
(2023-03-08, 10:35)lvlanson Wrote: How can I generate such a log? I am currently using Kodi on an Android TV.
Debug Log
And install the Kodi Loguploader addon to upload the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-03-08, 10:36)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-03-08, 10:35)lvlanson Wrote: How can I generate such a log? I am currently using Kodi on an Android TV.
Debug Log
And install the Kodi Loguploader addon to upload the log.
I will get back to you asap, I need some time to do that. Thanks for the input so far.
Surprisingly rerunning managed to identify all the elements, also with underscore. I don't know what went wrong in the first pass, since only file without underscore were recognized, but now its fine. Topic can be closed. Thanks for the effort.
(2023-03-08, 18:20)lvlanson Wrote: Topic can be closed.

We don't close topics, unless it's for a very pressing reason. Good to hear that things still worked out.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping Video Files for Database Analysis0