v21 Movie Trails by Playlist all on one page?
(2023-03-15, 23:42)jepsizofye Wrote: im not sure what is happening for you

when i modify one, i copy a section like i pasted, change its content source to a new playlist file that i put in playlists and it appears as a new row of content on mine

presently i have a home section which is rows of "continue watching", "recent movies", "random movies", "favorites", "video addons" and "movie genres" all on the single page that used to be just movies and is shown when the menu is selecting movies

here's my entire control group 5001 where the rows live

https://paste.kodi.tv/orazezajiq

Okay, after some additional effort, I've now finally made it! :-)

Needed to properly install my skin mod by adding the addons through the Kodi File Manager and then installing/enabling the skin, then use it. Just copy and paste of the folder is not enough.

Plus, after every xml file edit, I'd have to re-use the skin to see the changes. I think rebooting wasn't enough.

Plus, still not seeing all the items listed, but every new item I create I see, which is fine (can delete the useless invisible items).

Plus, editing the array item xxxx for LOCALIZE[xxxx] in the resource localisations file for en_us messes up the title (no title shown), so I just typed the string into the Home.xml directly (only need English, anyway).

Well, as I said, a lot of complications, but I'm glad I now know everything necessary to move on.

Thanks a lot :-)
right on

regarding reloading to see changes, it is a pita but i have something for that as well if you want to add it

open DialogButtonMenu.xml, this is the file for the shutdown menu

locate this

xml:
            <control type="panel" id="9000">
                <include>ButtonMenuList</include>
                <content>

underneath that content line add this

xml:
                    <item>
                        <label>Reload Skin</label>
                        <onclick>ReloadSkin()</onclick>
                    </item>

then restart kodi, again

then any time you open the shutdown menu you will have a new item "Reload Skin" and when selected it will reload the skin with your changes

glad you got it
@jepsizofye Thanks, I'll look at that later.

Does the Home.xml editing way also work with Amber?
I noticed that I have an empty xml folder in my "~/.kodi/addons/skin.amber" folder, so I guess adding the Home.xml from Estuary Mod will show those WidgetListPosters as well? Right now, my Amber Videos section shows nothing (no widges) after scanning my library.
thats outside my scope as i dont use amber however i expect it would be best practice to change each skin individually since there's no way to know how the code will interact with any certainty

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Trails by Playlist all on one page?0