The Movie Database Python scraping SVGs for clearlogos
Hi, not sure if this is an issue anyone else has seen, but I'm using The Movie Database Python to scrape movies in Kodi 20.0. I recently noticed a clearlogo wasn't showing, but my fallback label also wasn't displaying.

I think this is because the clearlogo path scraped, for the movie Her (2013), is in svg format.

ListItem.Art(clearlogo) = https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/euFg...upUdk7.svg

Indeed, that file is the first logo shown on the website: https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/152601-...uage=en-GB

I can build resilience for this into my skin by igoring the path if it contains .svg, but I assume as Kodi doesn't support svg at all, this shouldn't be scraped?

Perhaps TMDB isn't supposed to accept svgs or perhaps it just wasn't a scenario that popped up before, but I just wanted to flag it here and see if this is something that should be raised as a bug fix for the scraper?
One for @rmrector

I don't think TMDB TV Shows has that problem as it doesn't scrape clearlogos from TMDB.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-03-11, 20:26)Karellen Wrote: One for @rmrector

I don't think TMDB TV Shows has that problem as it doesn't scrape clearlogos from TMDB.
TMDB TV Shows does have code to do clear logos, so it should be grabbing them as long as the Kodi settings for image types is set to get them.  If you scraped a show using 1.4.14 or earlier (Matrix) or 1.5.3 or earlier (Nexus), the scraper would have gotten the SVG file as well.  I didn't know SVGs were even an option on TMDb, nor did I know Kodi didn't support them.  Newer versions filter them out, but entries for the SVGs could still be in people's database depending on when they scrapped the show.

The bottom line is, I wouldn't spend time trying to filter them out at the skin level.  If people have problems because they have SVGs in their clear logo list, just have them rescrape the show.
(2023-03-11, 21:32)pkscout Wrote: TMDB TV Shows does have code to do clear logos
Sorry, you are correct. I just tested.
I must have mis-remembered as I thought there was a time when clearlogos were not scraped from tmdb.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Cheers @pkscout. Will rescrape in that case
(2023-03-11, 21:50)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-03-11, 21:32)pkscout Wrote: TMDB TV Shows does have code to do clear logos
Sorry, you are correct. I just tested.
I must have mis-remembered as I thought there was a time when clearlogos were not scraped from tmdb.
There probably was.  That scraper evolved kind of quickly as I learned more about scraping.
Yup, movie scraper is missing the code to filter out svg images. That's the first one I've seen for movies.
(2023-03-12, 17:32)rmrector Wrote: Yup, movie scraper is missing the code to filter out svg images. That's the first one I've seen for movies.

Just wanted to note that I saw on TMDB that the preference is now for SVGs, so this issue could become more common. If you hover over the ? next to format on clearlogos, the message reads: 'SVG's and PNG's are supported. SVG's are preferred since they are resolution independent." - So it may be something to consider filtering out at some point in the near future.
(2023-06-23, 14:05)realcopacetic Wrote: So it may be something to consider filtering out at some point in the near future.
Already done for the movie scraper... https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.themovi...n/pull/185
Not sure if its done for the tv show scraper... Maybe @pkscout knows.
My Signature
ah great sorry for missing the update @Karellen. In my haste to post I didn't think to actually check!
(2023-06-23, 22:34)realcopacetic Wrote: ah great sorry for missing the update @Karellen. In my haste to post I didn't think to actually check!
The TMBb TV Show scraper also filters out SVG files already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Movie Database Python scraping SVGs for clearlogos0