Can I replace a movie .mp4 file without messing up the Library? (Separate Export)
I got a Library, and it got exported as Separate Files.
So now for each movie I got a folder, which contains: .mp4 .nfo and some thumb, fanart, poster

With the .mp4 files in some cases I am not happy though, which means I need to replace them.

So my question is:
Can I just replace the .mp4 file without messing up the .nfo or any other of the Library?
I saw in the .nfo are some deeper informations of the file, the codec and the resolution.
How can I update it?

Basically, what is the easiest and correct way to replace the .mp4 file and updating the .nfo?

Thank you.
(2023-03-17, 18:27)Undertaker555 Wrote: Can I just replace the .mp4 file without messing up the .nfo or any other of the Library?
Replace the mp4 video file with your new video file.
Make sure the name of the file is the same. (different extension is ok)
Open the nfo file and delete the tags <fileinfo></fileinfo> and everything in between, and save it.
Rescan back into the library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you very much.
I think that is exactly what I need to know.

I got another question:
It's not directly KODI related, but do you know a way how I can do this in bulk with a few dozend .nfo files?
I am using Notepad++

Maybe someone here has experience and can tell me how I can achieve this easily.
If there is no other way, I will simply do it manually, but it will take some time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I replace a movie .mp4 file without messing up the Library? (Separate Export)0