Win python38.dll is not found
Hi, I'm developing an add-on which depends on an addition module "cryptography". I've got an error message during the add-on initialization: "ImportError: DLL load failed while importing _rust: the specified module could not be found."

With the help of ProcessMonitor, I have found out the missing DLL is "python38.dll", which is the last DLL kodi.exe tried to load and failed during the add-on initialization. I have checked kodi's installation directory and could not found "python38.dll" but only "python3.8.dll". I'm a newbie to python,  I totally have no idea what is the difference between "pythong38.dll" and "python3.8.dll".

Could someone please tell me how to resolve the issue? Thanks.
Thread moved to addon development
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
How did you build cryptography?  From the docs I read "Cryptography ships statically-linked wheels for macOS, Windows, and Linux".  I'm thinking that's not going to work on kodi.

scott s.
I didn't build cryptography. I dowloaded its wheel (as well as its dependencies' wheels) with such a command "pip3 download cryptography --platform=x86_amd64 --no-deps", unzipped the wheels and placed them into the add-on directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
python38.dll is not found0