Sometimes Kodi starts with no sound and the video stops after a few seconds.
I have had the problem described in the title for some time but with the new release 20 it got worse. I already tried with release 19 to do a "clean" install but it doesn't help. My system is an Intel 7i3BNH NUC with updated windows 10 and 8GB of memory. The flaw is random, sometimes kodi starts regularly and everything works. Other times it is immediately evident that the frequency of a film is slower, in the end it happens but without audio and the film proceeds jerkily until it stops completely. Even exiting Kodi in this situation with the windows "task manager" shows that there is still a Kodi process running; you need to kill it or alternatively restart the system. Even this operation which in previous releases was always decisive now must also be performed 2 or 3 times in order to have a starting rule of kodi in the reproduction of a mkv with its relative audio. The same MKV files played with VLC have never given any problems. Thanks to anyone who can give me suggestions.
(2023-03-18, 15:07)Francesca Wrote: Thanks to anyone who can give me suggestions.

debug log (wiki).
The keyword here is 'sometimes', the 'random' nature of the issue is perplexing and can be difficult to diagnose. You might want to keep a debug Log file (wiki) working in the background with the advancedsettings.xml loglevel

<advancedsettings>
   <loglevel hide="true">2</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

In general, pay attention to how your set-up starts-up. That would be display on first, (if you have one) AVR, PC and then launch Kodi so that handshaking between devices will be acknowledged. Failure of handshaking is pretty common and the cause is often just the way Kodi is started. Lingering tasks that effect shutdown, are often network calls that are not returned but a proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked to this thread might offer a clue.
In general, I'm still waiting for the userbot to reply to my suggestion.
Thanks for the quick response, but I don't remember how to make the log file; I did it last year and it was a long time wasted; but of course thanks to you all the same.

I just hope for some user who had the same problem and can give me the solution.

By now I've almost given up on using a PC and Kodi to watch TV. It is too complicated and today too expensive. Today, a NUC with a video interface capable of handling a 4K HDR screen costs a fortune, more than a medium-high-end smart TV with the latest functions released by manufacturers. 5 years ago when I bought this NUC it was on the edge of economic convenience compared to buying a new TV with H265 decoding on board. But I thought it would last and that I would have great flexibility. Instead, after 5 years it is now incapable of managing HDMI 2.X and no longer has the necessary speed. Let's not talk about the problems we had. A NUC with windows 10 on board is something that practically every other day has an update. I've spent more time doing updates, battling video driver problems, and similar troubles than enjoying the item as an HTPC. This will be the final straw; I downgrade it to a small handyman PC and abandon the idea that the world of PCs can be useful for watching TV well. For Kodi, I hope someone puts it among the apps that the TV can directly manage. Thanks again to those who dedicated time to me
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2023-03-18, 21:33)Francesca Wrote: abandon the idea that the world of PCs
You might be happier with an Nvidia Shield or gasp... a Amazon Firestick, both handle Kodi economically.
(2023-03-18, 21:33)Francesca Wrote: using a PC and Kodi to watch TV. It is too complicated and today too expensive.
Tell me about it; Kodi costs a bomb, I'm using a MB from 2004 and it's working just fine with a good gfx card.
Yes i have also Kodi on firestik Amazon but this generates two other problems
1 - the remote control of the firestick is absolutely inadequate
2 - to make the firestick see my external drives that are with NTFS is another puzzle with non-trivial solutions

can I ask you a question? what graphics card do you use? because it must have HDMI 2.0 today to bring a 4K TV signal with HDR+ and better if it were HDMI 2.1 so as to be protected for a few years

thanks anyway for your attention

A user tired of being a beta tester of everything
@Francesca 

You keep returning with various issues and complaints but fail to provide the required basic information that several team members have requested multiple times to be able to try and provide you with assistance.

Specific issues require a Debug Log to diagnose. Many people run Kodi on NUCs very successfully so we would need more detail to identify the cause of your issues. Perhaps ditch Windows for LibreELEC if you just use the NUC for Kodi - a much better experience. 

Other issues such as platforms, remotes, network shares can all be solved and for each individual the requirements and suitability is different. The resources are here if you use them and we have many helpful users willing to take the time to assist if you provide the correct information and what your desired setup should look like.

The remote can be improved by changing the function of some of the keys. there are templates available for different systems and many people who use fire devices will alter the behaviour of the "back" button to stop video for example.

Good luck.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sometimes Kodi starts with no sound and the video stops after a few seconds.0